US Vogue February 2019 : Reese Witherspoon by Zoe Ghertner

TZ001

Reaction score

79597B1F-B4D6-4242-95BF-26C01141CC54.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the cover, so refreshing for early spring, and happy for Zoe.
DD389D61-5979-4FC8-B02C-84F1AB34E9B3.jpeg
30C5DB35-6D9D-46F0-A872-D4F6D9D91246.jpeg
A4DFE830-90DA-4410-9FE2-77A49812A56A.jpeg
AFA42A71-C5DE-43A2-A3B1-E5F5066FC43F.jpeg
B2A6284D-8374-4B0B-8CC9-DBC721330CF6.jpeg

Instagram/VogueMagazine

Last edited:
I think seeing Reese on the cover is not a surprise for TFS members as many pointed her as a strong possibility for a cover star, however I don’t think anyone would have thought that it would be photographed by Zoe! I am happy for her and I hope this will open new doors for her career. It’s a simple image, maybe a bit boring but undoubtedly beautiful. I’d rather have a good simple shot than some pretentious bad attempt at something cool and new (I’m thinking about the digital covers with Nick and Priyanka).

Oh wow this is stunning! Sure it's very straightforward Vogue US-y, but Zoe brought a freshness to it. The composition and the natural vibe is beautiful. Honestly one of their best covers in a long time!

Zero interest in her, but this is beautiful without trying too hard. And that shot of her with her mom, and daughter is wonderful.

So beautiful! I love the free, natural vibe to all the pictures - and the colours of the cover are absolutely stunning. It's really great to see US Vogue support young photographers and women photographers!

I love how it's a quintessential American Vogue cover but it has a freshness and modernity to it.

Love it!

Also love the fact that the masthead is in different color other than Red, white, gold or black!

Yes! It's a shocking cover for me because despite Reese being on everyone's list, I just didn't think it likely. It's a gorgeous, unfussed and contemporary cover that falls very much in line with US Vogue's aesthetic, and I like that. Please continue with this visual direction.

All my usual pet hates have also been dealt with (the colour scheme works with the green dress - oddly enough, coverlines are punchy but not obtrusive, AND there's a new photographer) Not the biggest fan of the new wave indie photographers, but Ghertner's ability to adapt her style to magazines like Vogue is impressive. With this cover she's saying 'who needs Leibovitz?'

Now the edit is definitely not for me. Too jumbled, something more seamless would've worked but I'll wait to see how Anna laid the pictures out.

This is good enough for me. Effortless and fresh and I love this green dress, even though its very basic.

See Anna? Its not that hard.

It's very nice, thanks to the colours combination, but I don't think the humankind needs another magazine cover of Reese Witherspoon.

People in the editorial are Reese's mother and daughter, her crew from Hello Sunshine, which is her production company, and her Time's Up companions. Impressive and meaningful cast.

I love the color palette, so fresh and cool. This cover is okay. Reese is okay but I hope Vogue US should make their cover stars do other poses and not just standing and doing weird things with their hands.

What a gorgeous cover, I'm very into it. Zoe's photography here works wonderfully well.

Also, Reese Witherspoon is one hell of an interesting cover subject given how successful she is these days. She has been producing and executive producing incredible projects (Wild, Gone Girl, Big Little Lies) since 2014, has managed to negotiate huge pays with HBO, took a leap on the Apple original content bandwagon by executive producing the show with Jennifer Aniston and is seemingly doing a lot to help with the Time's Up fund. I think it's commendable when actresses that aren't happy with the roles they're offered take things in their hands, start their own production companies and get out on top. It might seem easy because "actresses have millions in the bank", but in this ruthless and male-dominated industry that is Hollywood it is not.

It's very nice, thanks to the colours combination, but I don't think the humankind needs another magazine cover of Reese Witherspoon.

I know, lol. I'm not her biggest fan, which was why I didn't think the cover likely. But it's not an offensive choice, at least. There are worth and legitimacy attached to her name. I can think of many other stars who booked the cover more than once, yet whose career doesn't live up to the hype in tangible terms.

It's...okay to me. I love the color scheme that Zoe captures here, but that green Givenchy dress kind of upsets the composition, and I happen to be a fan of CWK's latest collection for the house but I don't really think that dress is the right choice for this cover.

Also, what's with the incoherent editorial? Every picture looks like a BTS shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->