US Vogue February 2019 : Reese Witherspoon by Zoe Ghertner

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by TZ001, Jan 10, 2019.

1. helligirl

helligirl Well-Known Member

Top Priority
    Photographer: Daniel Jackson
    Styling: Tabitha Simmons
    Hair: Ward
    Make Up: Romy Soleimani
    Model: Liu Wen, Lily Aldridge, Mayowa Nicholas, Rebecca Leigh, Sabrina Karlsson, Paloma Elsesser, Mackenzie, Elle King, Clare de Boer, Noor Bukhari
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    weibo.com/chenwanliqq

Blayne266 likes this.
  2. helligirl

helligirl Well-Known Member

Personal Best
    Photographer: Bibi Cornejo Borthwick
    Styling: Camilla Nickerson
    Hair: Bob Recine
    Make Up: Dick Page
    Model: Carolyn Murphy, Gemma Ward, Caroline Trentini, Sara Grace Wallerstedt, Nora Attal, Liya Kebede, Fei Fei Sun, Blesnya Minher, Vittoria Cerreti
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    weibo.com/chenwanliqq

3. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Oh these are lovely!

Gemma on US VOGUE?

4. SpeakThatJDunn

SpeakThatJDunn Well-Known Member

OMG Gemma back in US Vogue. I dead.

sixtdaily, moment and KateIsGr8 like this.
  5. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

YESSSSSSSSS I am here for Carolyn Murphy, Gemma Ward, Caroline Trentini :clap:

KateTheGreatest likes this.
  6. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

I love these two stories

7. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

love these two stories....casting and everything....

8. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

Gemma SLAYED!

9. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

Carolyn Murphy, Gemma Ward, Caroline Trentini. I'm sold!

10. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

The cast of Personal Best is amazing and I say kudos to Vogue for featuring new guard photographers all throughout the issue again.

11. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

I must be in the minotiry here because to me, those two editorials were just downright mediocre. Granted, I for one, am tired of studio shoots, but there's nothing from the styling to the lighting to the poses that I found remarkable. It's just US Vogue doing business as usual with different photographers and slightly different batch of girls. The only interesting shot is the one with Lily Aldridge. Finally, a fashion editor realized that a pregnant woman still needs to get dressed and go outside.

dfl-001 likes this.
  12. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

So Daniel Jackson is the new Meisel for Anna?

MON likes this.
  13. jeffandtheworld

jeffandtheworld Well-Known Member

The editorials are quite Elle. Especially that Daniel Jackson ed.

14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Child of Mine

Photographer: Tyler Mitchell
    Styling: Garbriella Karefa-Johnson
    Set Design: Niceolas Des Jardins
    Model: Slick Woods and baby Saphir

[​IMG]

Moment of the Month: Get Ready!

Photographer: Nadine Ijewere
    Styling: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
    Hair: Lacy Redway
    Make Up: Emi Kaneko
    Model: Adut Akech and the cast of Ain't Too Proud - The Life and Times of The Temptations (a Broadway play)

[​IMG][/URL
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

US Vogue Digital Edition

15. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

It seems you're on the same page as Anna! Her editor's letter below. And oh look, a quote from Kerry Washington. :innocent: The same Kerry Washington who she's supposedly shunning from Vogue. Interesting.

Taking the Lead

Though this issue marks Reese Witherspoon’s sixth Vogue cover, the time between her last appearance, in 2014, and today feels like an eternity in terms of how much both she and Hollywood have changed. For most of her career, Reese has been portrayed as America’s Sweetheart, the sunny and upbeat blonde hailing from Nashville, Tennessee. For many, she will always be Elle Woods from Legally Blonde—the relentlessly perky, sugar pink–clad, Chihuahua-toting sorority sister who defied (male) expectations and ended up a hotshot attorney. (Incidentally, the third installment of Legally Blonde appears next year, just one of the many projects that she has in the works.)There is one aspect of Reese that can be regarded as very Elle-like: Stereotype her at your own peril. She is not only a terrific actress, but has also in the last few years emerged as an impressive businesswoman and serious advocate for change. Politically active and culturally engaged, she has charged herself with the task of empowering women in the film industry—and beyond. As writer Meghan Daum puts it in her profile, Reese has become “a champion of the overlooked and the underestimated.” Or as Kerry Washington, her friend and costar, declares: “Reese has given a very genteel, Southern, ladylike middle finger to all of it.” The “it” is our world today, where systemic sexism, racism, and homophobia have been allowed to go unchecked and unchallenged for far too long. Reese, like so many of us, has taken to questioning where she sits with all of this and what she can do to make a difference— and quickly. Of course, it would be all too easy to dismiss a highly paid movie star as shielded
    from life’s harsh realities, yet through her many endeavors and initiatives she has, to my mind, expressed a genuine desire to do something real and meaningful, acting on the belief that one positive move can lead to many others.
    Much of this issue is, in fact, a tribute to women like Reese, whose embrace of change has been driven by personal experience. It’s true of Clare Waight Keller, the British designer at the helm of Givenchy. Aesthetically, the move from her former home of Chloé to one of the most storied houses in Paris has seen her leave boho flourishes behind in favor of a grown-up idea of streamlined elegance. One only has to consider how the Duchess of Sussex looked in her Waight Keller–designed wedding dress, or the other occasions
    she has worn Givenchy, to see how right for the times it is—and, of course, it also serves as a particularly chic example of the benefits to be had when you put a woman in charge.

Source: Digital Edition

16. aracic

aracic Moderator

17. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

That is one horrible situation. When I saw the video I thought they misspelled her last name - which I can imagine would get one to feel terrible but isn't that big of a deal - but then I realized that they have completely mistaken her for another person that doesn't even look like her except that they both wear headscarves.

18. apple

apple Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness :wacko:
    One thing is misspelling a name (and it's still unacceptable if you consider how big this publication is and how many people work for it, but I can tolerate it).. But not even writing the identity of one person in the right way is a shame in my opinion..

dfl-001 and aracic like this.
  19. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

^^
    I can totally feel her pain but come on, are we really going for another controversy courtesy of Diet Prada. It happens sometimes. Hopefully, AW will send a apology note and invite her to an event...
    I feel like everything is a justification for a social media outrage nowadays.

Anyway, beautiful eds. This is a formula that works for American Vogue. Simple, chic with a beautiful cast...And yet with Fashion!

Unfortunately, we don’t get that a lot lately so it’s a nice surprise.

Ps: I’m used to Chanel outrageous prices but really? 2000$ for that shirt?
    And Burberry with the 1750$ shirt?

YohjiAddict, MON and Benn98 like this.
  20. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Definitely a cringey situation for Vogue, and there's absolutely no excuse considering who they are. Was it done with malice or whatever else is being thrown around in Diet Prada's comment section? I very much doubt it.
    But if one's to approach this realistically, instead of contacting Vogue directly (and in her case, she would have direct access to the writer/stylist/photographer who conceived this), this woman chose to rant on social media. Which....nevermind.

Lola701 likes this.