US Vogue February 2022 : HoYeon Jung by Harley Weir

I'm not too keen on the cover, but the editorial is pretty good. This is very out of place as far as Vogue US goes. Is this a redesign?

A truly hideous cover, with not one redeeming feature (including the Vogue Australia-esque layout). I appreciate it's a stark departure from previous covers but I would've much preferred Hoyeon Jung getting the quintessential American Vogue cover treatment as opposed to this eyesore.

I'll take this because this is most experimental as we can get from Anna. Just enjoy it, because I'm sure we'll have our typical Vogue US portrait from Annie or "Meisel-lite" from EJG soon. It's nice to have a change for a while.

Bad cover.. Why they choose that as the cover ?

Because she is LV ambassador.

Editorial looks great indeed. I think the biggest problem of the cover is the layout - so tragic. My eyes hurt. Hate the tracking too.

First asian girl to get a solo cover in US Vogue! Why it took it so long Anna?! A milestone to asian girls in Hollywood and America.

The editorial looks like a filler editorial from Vogue Italia in the mid-00's.

I don't know how many times I've had that thought recently - that so many cover stories produced at the moment have all the energy and imagination of the editorials in Vogue Italia that no-one cares to remember.

What was once produced as filler is now served up as the main course.

The pandemic has reduced the ability of magazines - in so many ways - to create content on the same level as before, but chances are, this won't be a phase, it's become the new standard, and even as we move forward, what we see on the pages won't.

I would have NEVER EVER thought that this editorial was made for / by American Vogue !!! It's LIGHT YEARS away from their usual style: it's WONDERFUL.
The cover is ok-ish though, but A for effort for sure.
Can't believe she's the first OG East Asian model on the cover in its 130 years.

I hate the cover but I love the Editorial! That being said, I think the cover has a lot of attitude.
As for the « first », I usually hate those conversations with a passion even if it’s a great accomplishment for her.

^^^ LOL She’s in the Korean series that’s all the rage with the kidz.

Admittedly, it’s always nice to see a sole Asian individual on the cover of a Western Vogue. And that she is/was a model, just makes it that much better since they’re an extremely rare bird on Western Vogue covers. Once in blue moon comes to mind.

Unfortunately, it’s shot by a most pretentious and mediocre of talents infesting fashion photography these dire days. The story is a random mess of imagery that fits as well together as the typical TikTok nitwit’s storytelling sensibility. And worse still, they went with the least flattering select of Hoyeon: The stupid hair hanging over her face, her depressing expression, the cheap heinous cape that resembles tinfoil (but I’m sure they and Harley are convinced it’s so fantastically artistic), and an overall unpleasant and sickly flat lighting that that’s typical of a selfie.

(As for the comparison that this dire effort is comparable to Franca’s supplement castoffs… Even Vogue Italia’s digital content back in 2010 were stronger and had more purpose than this random nonsense from Harley. If I had to choose— I’d go with the shot of Hoyeon sitting on the giant ball. At least the lighting reminds me of Nick Knight’s Levi’s campaign from the late-90s. Lighting... a most lost prerequisite these days from these lessers.)

what about Naomi Osaka, last year?
I forgot her! Sorry! She was part of the Vogue Values issue, quite forgettable. I agree with most of you, it hurts to the eyes. Wish it were by Annie (I'm not her biggest fan, but well, she's good for US Vogue standards).

Not sure.why they chose that teen vogue like pic as the cover when they have an actual high fashion model turned actress. Love the editorial though, reminds me of the content Asian editions are producing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FASHIONARCHIVERESEAARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->