US Vogue February 2022 : HoYeon Jung by Harley Weir

The cover is too heavy, but the editorial is a milles better. Any photo could be a choice for this cover.

Not sure.why they chose that teen vogue like pic as the cover when they have an actual high fashion model turned actress. Love the editorial though, reminds me of the content Asian editions are producing.
Gotta show that LV dress

Is this a global theme? LV + Korean stars? This must be a clue about the next British Vogue cover.

I forgot her! Sorry! She was part of the Vogue Values issue, quite forgettable. I agree with most of you, it hurts to the eyes. Wish it were by Annie (I'm not her biggest fan, but well, she's good for US Vogue standards).
You also forgot Kamala Harris last year.

^ right! But both, Naomi a Kamala are also afrodescendant, not only asian and I googled that their parents have two differents nationalities, but it's correct they're also the first asians to get a solo cover :flower:

Got mixed feeling about this. I really like her as a model, still remembering her red hair some years ago, but I know she’s on the cover because of a tv show.
however this seems to be, like, late… is Squid Game still a thing in US? I almost forgot about it.

Way, way, way too late. No one's been talking about Squid Games since Halloween last year. I am hoping however, that this means we'll see more of her on our screens.

I'm honestly shocked to see her on the cover, but I couldn't be happier! Not a huge fan of the cover, that's a waste of Hoyeon's beauty, when the girl is so stunning and has such a strong face, but oh well. Congrats to her!

^ right! But both, Naomi a Kamala are also afrodescendant, not only asian and I googled that their parents have two differents nationalities, but it's correct they're also the first asians to get a solo cover :flower:
not to get into technicalities but I guess they’re Asians the way Americans understand some people (like Lady Gaga) to be “Italian”.. both Naomi and Kamala are Americans in foundation (raised in the US). HoYen looks like she is the first Asian on the cover of Vogue (raised in an Asian country and all that).

She looks cute on the cover.. her name didn’t ring a bell at first but her Netflix shows certainly does (and I never watched it, I just know it’s extremely popular).

Naomi Osaka was born in Japan to a Japanese mother and a Haitian father, and didn’t move to the US until she was 3, so she’s definitely actually Asian.

The cover is unforgivable. Really atrocious. Like I'd take Leibovitz at her worst over this ish (maybe...) The editorial has some lovely images, even though I'm not really a Harley Weir fan, she does turn out some stunning work every so often. The big problem remains, as others have said, that it just doesn't look anything like US Vogue. Whilst I appreciate experimentalism, there's something to be said for retaining a solid signature which this magazine has generally been able to do to some extent, even with the indie-fication it's been through since like 2018 at least.

those bits of hair in her face totally ruin it for me. could’ve and should’ve been much better!
the editorial is very Vogue China, nothing I would’ve expect to see from Vogue Magazine! feels out of place.

this said, I must admit it’s nice to have an Asian girl on the cover.

the Squid Game hype is kinda lost by now (I’m sure there will be a Season 2 but spoiler alert her character died right?)

Hoyeon Jung has Chanel Beauty behind her (she’s the face of a Serum of which Vittoria Ceretti is also part of), so that must’ve helped too (on getting this cover that is).

not to get into technicalities but I guess they’re Asians the way Americans understand some people (like Lady Gaga) to be “Italian”.. both Naomi and Kamala are Americans in foundation (raised in the US). HoYen looks like she is the first Asian on the cover of Vogue (raised in an Asian country and all that).

She looks cute on the cover.. her name didn’t ring a bell at first but her Netflix shows certainly does (and I never watched it, I just know it’s extremely popular).
Well, at least Anna put an east asian girl on the cover without any company. There's a lack of representation of asian community in media, and I was surprised how little Anna explored beauties from Asia over the years. Wish Liu Wen was the first because she's a legend at this point of the game.

here the problem is the fashion editor and the photographer (talent equal to zero), not suited to the aesthetics of Vogue US .... if it had been Mario Testino, Annie leibovitz or mert & Marcus with the style of tonne goodman or Grace coddington, the result would have been extraordinary, Testino with an Asian theme and his glamor would have done a magnificent job, instead we find ourselves a confusing editorial, terrible in style and above all forgettable, who will remember this issue in 10 years? some issues of Vogue US, including that of December 2005 with Keira knightley, September 2010 with Halle berry, March 2006 with Natalia Portman and June 2008 with Sarah Jessica Parker, September 2004 with Gisele daria Natalia by Steven Meisel, a triumph of Testino , leibovitz, Penn, Sims, Demarchelier, Meisel, models like Daria, Natalia, Gisele, Liya etc ..... all the editorials were so rich, so glamorous, I miss the glorious times of Vogue

I love her performance on Squid Game and she’s also a decent model. But the styling, the setting, the expression? For such a major moment, everything falls short.

Btw is the “International Woman of Mystery” video a subtle homage to Maggie Cheung in “Irma Vep”? She’s really giving me such vibe. Speaking of Maggie, she would’ve been a glorious cover subject in the early 00s. I’d kill to see an image of her by Leibovitz during the “In the Mood for Love” era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FASHIONARCHIVERESEAARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->