US Vogue January 2010 : Rachel McAdams by Mario Testino

I like the cover, Rachel looks great, also the Sasha, Raquel & Daria's ed are very amazing, i want to buy this.

La Lara! She looks great I think and the article is interesting, though nothing new for those who already know a bit about her backstory.

Has Willy V ever shot for American Vogue before?

Hello, Gorgeous
Ph. Willy Vanderperre
Fashion Editor: Edward Enninful
Hair: Luke Hersheson
Makeup: Sally Branka

Image Credit | Scanned by me from Vogue US Jan 2010

I don't think Willy's worked for US Vogue before.. hope this doesn't mean Olivier Rizzo is next. :mellow::mellow:

thanks for all the scans, Luxx!.

Daria Easy Rider Yes!!!! (plus shes my fav photographers favorite :smile: ) Lara ew, like a boor reads like it too

Lara looks beautiful as usual :crush:
Thanks for all the scans!

OMG! First there came Rachel, then Sasha, then Daria, then Raquel, NOW LARA? OMG! So excited

None of the edits in this issue really do it for me. Demarchelier's edit is BEAUTIFULLY photographed, but the styling is just so dull and there is really no coherence to the story. Maybe it is a bit anti-climactic for me because it reminds me of a fantastic editorial Daria did with I&V for the September 2007 issue of VP in which she was shot as a Pocahantas-like Indian princess against the Western landscape. Alt's styling was just BRILLIANT there. I do love Demarchelier's (semi-erotic) shot of Daria standing in between the cliffs, though. It's just a stunning photograph, plain and simple.

"Already Famous" is probably the best of the issue this far. At least there is excitement and motion and the clothes are somewhat appealing.

I am still looking forward to seeing M.I.A.'s editorial styled by Marie-Amelie Sauve and shot by I&V, as it sounds VERY promising. Stylistically, Marie-Amelie never fails and I always love I&V's work.

Also, I am very excited to read the feature on Lara. I am always used to seeing her just in pictures, so it will be quite a treat to actually read about her and learn more about her as a person and not just a model :smile:!

Last edited by a moderator:
The contrast between tribal warrior imagery of Raquel in the Rodarte and "machines" prop is rather interesting. But her pose is lacking imo, I'd like to the rest of the eds showing her climbing all over the place :lol:

I'm so buying this issue. It seems to have small elements of being fresh, fun, and for once exciting. Sasha's editorial so does it for me. The perfect combination of the those whacky facial expressions combined with some of the seasons best looks and ad a couple of cute boys to the mix makes great for a stunning ed. Plus, the shot of her in the lanvin pretty much sums this whole thing up. Gorgeous.

"but when i look in the mirror, that's not what i see" THANK GOD. that picture by willy vanderperre is gorgeous by the way, i adore what she's wearing.:heart:
thanks a lot for all the scans Luxx.

I just wanna thank her parents for producing Lara Stone.

^ Agree! SO excited to get this issue in my hands!

A shot of Lara with her clothes on and an article which gives people an idea of the trials she's gone through to achieve the success she currently has? That's more like it.

Just a cute little picture of Angela and her son, there are only a few more things in this issue. I will try to get to them all today.

Steal of the Month
Ph. Norman Jean Roy
Fashion Editor: Tabitha Simmons
Model: Angela Lindvall
Hair: Giannandrea
Makeup: Yumi

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue US January 2010

Only one picture but she looks so great and this just makes me want to pull out Arular and take another listen.

Miss Chief
Ph. Inez & Vinoodh
Star: M.I.A.

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue US

Woah MIA looks stunning, love the styling and everything!
Down to her nails! I'm glad Vogue recognizes her talent and supports her!
Thanks for this Luxx, I would Karma you but i'm afraid I can't :(

I just read Lara's article, and I just want to commend her for being HONEST and STRONG :heart:

This looks like an outtake from one of the Mert and Marcus stories from earlier in the year but I think it works for this article, I love how bright and punchy the colors are. Not just the picture but those lipsticks too! Makes me want to go shopping...:shifty:

Pop Goes The World
Ph. Mert & Marcus
Fashion Editor: Edward Enninful
Model: Daria Werbowy

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue US January 2009

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back