Interview May 2011 : Michelle Williams by Mikael Jansson

Lara should have been the perfect model to capture either some of the eroticism of the theme, or to go full-on with the vulgarity of pressing flesh with a plastic reptile, but it doesn't come close on either account, so Jerry still reigns supreme (flickr.com/girlfriday:(

That's what I said - it's fallen in the middle of influences, and hasn't come out as much in itself, and personally, I find that decades-old Dior ad is still a more powerful image based on the same scenario.

LaChapelle would have gone "full-on with the vulgarity of pressing flesh with a plastic reptile" because he would never have contented himself with the sight of a model tugging on the flippers of an inflatable shark, he would have created a blow-up world for her to inhabit, probably with Lara taking on the main role of a pneumatic doll who really looks like she's having inter-species relations with pool floats. And because I can imagine that, I'm a bit disappointed in this.

^ Sorry, I am not good at using these arrows :lol: Just to clarify I meant the Lara ed, I'm sure you understood what I meant anyway. But yeah, this Lara editorial is just derivative. It's a waste of the model, and I'm a big Lara fan.

That's what I said - it's fallen in the middle of influences, and hasn't come out as much in itself, and personally, I find that decades-old Dior ad is still a more powerful image based on the same scenario.

LaChapelle would have gone "full-on with the vulgarity of pressing flesh with a plastic reptile" because he would never have contented himself with the sight of a model tugging on the flippers of an inflatable shark, he would have created a blow-up world for her to inhabit, probably with Lara taking on the main role of a pneumatic doll who really looks like she's having inter-species relations with pool floats. And because I can imagine that, I'm a bit disappointed in this.

hadn't really thought of it this way, but yeah makes total sense, subconsciously I was probably thinking the same, there was something about this edit that was bothering me, I just couldn't pinpoint it, but when I read this, I went bingo! :ninja:

I would have liked Wild!!! better with a more upbeat, happy looking model, or at least more ecstatic expressions from Lara.

I love the Lara ed, it's so fun and colourful. She looks gret with the red hair.

Freja's ed is so boring, such a waste of good models. She and Tomek make a great duo.

Michelle's editorial is absolutely stunning, the styling and the photography are the perfect example of Ethereal beauty.
Ann Catherine's story is really good too, as usual I'm completely charmed by MA Sauvé styling and it's always to see some new work from Miss Lacroix. However I'm a bit disapointed by Freja and Tomeck story, I feel like it lacks a little bit of conviction. As for Lara, I was really looking forward to her wild & sexy thin, but I think that she didn't managed to pull it off as much as she could.

mixed feelings about the Eva Green edit, a bit too harsh and the styling doesn't do it any favors

^it's the lighting that feels to harsh to me too, but I think I was expecting more
I like it, but it's just ok

I enjoyed this issue, especially the Valentino article. So much contradiction, and love how Pier & Maria finally admitted their failure over the Avatar couture collection :lol:

not a big fan of the front cover but I like the rest of the images. She looks much better on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->