US Vogue January 2010 : Rachel McAdams by Mario Testino

^Yes, an EXTREMELY thin issue. Then again, it is January, so it's no big shocker.

They even managed to make Lara look boring! Yet another crap issue.

A really good, solid issue. Especially for January. Sasha's editorial is cute & the styling is fun. Lara looks beautiful in her picture. Carey Mulligen is really a darling. I love her.

Now that I have it in my hands... I'm enjoying this issue very much.

Thank you for all the scans Luxx :heart:

It's ironic. One of the smallest issues of the year and it has so much more going for it than some of the biggest and most anticipated have had.

With the exception of Rachel's ed, which I actually kind of hate, this issue seems pretty great. I absolutely love the Meisel/Sasha editorial. It's got so much life to it, and it really looks like it was fun to shoot. Overall I think it was a great way to make the usual formula of straight-from-the-runway styling seem interesting. The Daria/Demarchelier ed is stunning to look at. The first and last shots are truly gorgeous, not terribly interesting, but gorgeous. Date With Destiny is also solid, though not my favorite out of everything. And then there's Lara, looking pretty much as sexy as always while fully clothed.

All in all, a pretty good start to the year.

why did they try to style Lara like Plum Sykes? that's just STUPID!
and oh my gosh,Angela Lindvall how predictable. YAWN!

Oh Travis! :crush:
what a lucky woman that Raquel..

And M.I.A... how stunning does she look in that shot?, she needs to be photographed for fashion magazines more often, what a face! :o.

Also loved Angela's picture with her son.. she channels the Californian lifestyle more genuinely than someone like, say, Erin Wasson, seeing her pictures at home and with her children with all the sunlight and natural expressions is always uplifting.. I could never get tired of it. :heart:

Meh, I saw this at borders today and didn't even bother to flip through it thinking it'd be a waste of time.. looks like a pretty good, happy, optimistic issue, just what I need to kick off the new year!

source | scanned by MMA

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 95
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 101
Thanks for the scans, MMA!.

Can't believe how random that list is, it's like they put it together right before the deadline. I'm especially intrigued as to why they decided to use that shot of Nicole in Dior when we all know Nicole in Dior's craze was 3 years prior to that when she showed up in GREEN Dior, and her most incredible years style-wise were after the breakup, when she was promoting The Hours and Moulin Rouge and wore all these amazing dresses. I sound like such a crazy Nicole Kidman fan but I have a memory, Anna!.
Zero Cannes appearances.. and instead the list is packed with random personalities at the met.
oh well, I guess lists like that are never bound to please anyone.. but.. I actually first thought it was one of these 'events of the year' features, I mean, even Rhianna and Lauren Santo Domingo are there. :innocent:

I really love that picture of Jennifer Connelly wearing a fantastic and flowery Balenciaga dress from S/S 08. :smile::heart:

I love "Date With Destiny" with Raquel! It's beautiful. Love the Rodarte and Derek Lam shots. Her shot with the Sam Worthington is just so great! :heart: Thanks Luxx for the scans! :flower:

I just got my issue in the mail today! I'm so glad they included Emma Watson in the newcomer's best dressed list.

It's ironic. One of the smallest issues of the year and it has so much more going for it than some of the biggest and most anticipated have had.

I noticed that too. I can't believe how many editorials are loaded in this issue.

What a wonderful packed issue. Such a good start of a new year :D

Can't wait to get a copy of this issue, Daria & Raquel's editorials are stunning/

Just saw this issue on newstands! Such a STUNNING cover but I have to say that it is really thin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->