US Vogue January 2010 : Rachel McAdams by Mario Testino

YAY for Rachel! She is so talented and gorgeous. Truly deserving to be on the cover, and a fresh face to boot.

I knew Rachel would be on Vogue when she sat next to Anna at a show a few months back.I am so glad to see a fresh,quirky,and intelligent woman on the cover other than the usual roster of cover faces.

I really cannot wait for the "Already Famous" editorial as well as for Daria's editorial.

The cover is gross. But then what else is new. Vogue US had like half a dozen covers that were ACTUALLY good in the last decade.

I mean, they had Rachel McAdams and that gorgeous Dolce look. There is no way this cover should be this bad.

Am I the only one who thinks the curvy model is Crystal Renn?

Wow, they've managed to make Rachel look like she is 40 years old! The woman is young, fresh and beautiful and they did that to her? The styling is awful (Tonne Goodman?) and follows in a line of covers wherein the cover-star is styled in something ridiculously out-of-character ie. Kate Moss August 2008. To me this cover is mutton dressed as lamb.

To me the talent of a good stylist, especially on these celebrity editorials, relies in manoeuvring between the actress's personal style and the style of Vogue. And is it just me, or do those roots combined with yellow hair bother anyone else? :lol: :innocent:

Besides, I thought they would go for a more youthful aesthetic, like here below (at Alexander Wang), she looks herself but she looks very chic.
2wevxad.jpg

the-intersection.blogspot.com/

^^ I agree. so far people have been praising the cover to make me question my original thoughts on it, but all in all the styling managed to make rachel look well over her age. I'm not saying go for the cutesy mindless twenty-something girl, but it is possible to present someone that looks intelligent and chic without looking forty years old.

I've come to expect celebrity worship at Vogue, since Rachel is a new face for the magazine I wanted to love this cover, but I have to agree with sedirea and Helmut.Newton. She looks so much more " mature" than she should.
Great scans surrealsevenand tarsha. :flower:

What a fresh start... The cover isn't amazing but it's nice to see someone new, not Nicole Kidman & Kate Hudson :rolleyes:
Kasia looks very photoshopped (it was already predictable when I saw the review, which shounds really nice by the way) but I love the styling.

If you showed me this cover without text I wouldn't have any idea who she is. But I don't know, McAdams has always been kinda under my radar so maybe that's my fault rather than the magazine's. Although seeing that front row shot helmut.newton posted I don't think I'm completely misguided. Is that really her?

The line-up for the eds is weird.:shock: Looking forward to the Meisel ed, but only cos it's Meisel and Sasha - these model/celeb things are always a bit forced. there's never any real interaction between the two, so hopefully this'll be different.

And it's lovely to see Kasia in US Vogue. As others have said, the hair is what really makes it - it's nice to see one of these dull studio eds where they don't do ridiculous huge hair in a failed attempt to make it anything other than a dull studio ed. This one's dull, but at least it's not trying to be anything else. It's quite homely actually. And Kasia looks kind of like Anna J...

i don't really like the hair, nor the pink lipstick, but the cover has a freshness to it, which is nice... at least they didn't erase her beauty mark.

yeay! :clap: I like the cover! So glad to see Rachel on Vogue! :heart:

The line-up for the eds is weird.:shock: Looking forward to the Meisel ed, but only cos it's Meisel and Sasha - these model/celeb things are always a bit forced. there's never any real interaction between the two, so hopefully this'll be different.

I agree; but I'm always excited to see model/celeb collaboration. In this case, they're also not exactly mainstream musicians. I hope it comes out interesting ^_^

I refuse to complain! Not only am I thrilled that Rachel finally got a cover, but I also happen to think that she looks stunning. And I can't believe that's Kasia! I must be living under a rock because I didn't know she went blonde XD!

And Beirut! Whee! I really needed a good issue of Vogue. ^_^

Looks like a standard issue of U.S. Vogue to me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It annoys me a bit when Anna and company try to keep up with the Joneses (VP and VI). When they stick to their signature aesthetic and content, the issues always work better.

Seeing as I hate florals in general, I am not a big fan of the cover. But it is not terrible and definitely looks like the quintessential U.S. Vogue cover.

I am looking forward to seeing M.I.A.'s editorial. From the title, I am expecting tribal/western styling, which I always love. Plus, Marie-Amelie Sauve never disappoints, so I have high expectations.

Also, I am excited to read the feature on Lara and her "struggle to fit in," which honestly makes no sense to me seeing as she is the supermodel of the moment :lol:! I remember reading a while back that she is a size 4, and there are no other "curvy" models out there right now that I know who are a size 4, so it must be her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see Sasha's ed, that's a whole slew of amazing musicians there with her, and the M.I.A. one as well. And let me take a moment to say Owen Pallett :shock::shock: I can't believe he's going to be in Vogue, I am dead excited to see him in that ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->