US Vogue January 2011 : Natalie Portman by Peter Lindbergh

I love the serenity in the entire composition. Very pretty. US Vogue isn't actually that bad if you imagine their covers without the text or just colors that make sense (not red in this case).

Is this J.Mendel's first US Vogue Cover?, that dress is so deceiving, it could be Prada 02-04 or Miu Miu (when it was shown in Milan). Not surprised it isn't very original, but it looks lovely nonetheless.

A comment by LiveJournal user Shrubrub describes the outfit choice perfectly:

Here's a question: Why oh why would they put her in a J Mendel dress that looks like Rodarte when Rodarte had a role in the costuming of Black Swan, which Natalie is promoting? Not to mention she always goes to their shows...
community.livejournal.com/fashin

It seems almost blasphemous.

^ I actually love it because they didn't dress her in what everyone was predicting. Prior to seeing this, i was 100% she would wear Rodarte, haha.

I much prefer her March 2006 cover. It was infinitely more interesting and appealing. Has she had a cover since that one and this one?
Yes, its her fourth cover, she also was on covers in 2002 & 2004 (my favorite).

that dress is so deceiving, it could be Prada 02-04 or Miu Miu (when it was shown in Milan). Not surprised it isn't very original, but it looks lovely nonetheless.
It's funny that you say that because my first thought when I saw this cover was Natalie on the cover of Vogue in Prada from 2002. They are very similar, IMO.

ipmnes.jpg

voguearchives.onsugar.com

I really really love this. soft and serene, beautiful tones. my only negative would be the hand on the hip. but even that is minor
and thanks to honeycombchild for IDing the dress, because it is lovely on the cover, and does it's job of making me want it.

Gah, thank you, SugarMe, I knew I wasn't feeling a strange deja vu for no reason. :lol:

Here's a question: Why oh why would they put her in a J Mendel dress that looks like Rodarte when Rodarte had a role in the costuming of Black Swan, which Natalie is promoting? Not to mention she always goes to their shows...

Not to mention she is the new face of Dior (Miss Dior Chérie).

The colors are dull, the dressed weirdly fitted and she's trying too hard.

Her right hand looks kind of plastic, but her gorgeous face compensates everything. I just love Miss Portman:wub:

I love Natalie, but this one is really dull...

This cover is better than i expected, although it's quite boring and her face look so photoshopped. Can't wait to see the content!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, expect the unexpected to get this? i'm not sure :huh:
she's amazing, maybe the main ed is better than the cover, just like carey's.

Nah, not great but I'll wait until I get it

Oh dear, I cannot believe it's happening, but I really do like an US Vogue cover :woot:

Natalie looks beautiful and this dress is just perfect on her.

Oh God, what a perfectly nice cover! Natalie can do no wrong. She looks so serene on the cover. :heart: Although the positioning of her right arm seems to be a little awkward. ^_^ Looking forward to her editorial. :smile:

While I would have loved to see something uncharacteristically dark as a shout out to her film I really do like this shot. It suggests ballet instead of saying it outright. Despite it's flaws it's just a really pretty picture.

she looks like Lauren Santo Domingo here, which I hate.

I love this image, it has a sensitive and poise feeling surrounding it. Its really simple but totally gorgeous too. One of the better covers in a long time for sure.

It's okay but she looks too young. I don't like the hair.

You know what I find even more irritating than their boring covers? Their ***-kissing interviews with boring actresses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->