US Elle April 2008 : Natalie Portman by Carter Smith

^^I agree i would have LOVED to see her on the cover and she would be great for ELLE.

Boring. And it's not like it would have been hard to do better than the last issue... :innocent:

What? That's what they do with Natalie Portman? That's just a shame. The inside pics are better, but that cover photo is very weak.

Michelle originally had the cover, but she requested that she be taken off after Heath died. Anyway, I think Natalie is a better fit on the cover for the theme of the issue, which is "intelligent women." However, it's a bad cover pic.

What a terrible pose, it looks like something you'd expect Ellen Page to do! The shoulders and that stray arm...

I think Michelle's editorial is still in this issue, her name is by Natalie's hip on the cover...

I cannot wait for my issue to come eventhough the cover is dissapointing. I wish Bensimon had done the shoot after all I have always liked his vision and with Natalie it could have been perfect. She does look a bit uncomfortable on there especially concerning her shoulders. Love the clothes and the editorial looks great kinda similar to Keira K where I did not like the cover but thought the editorial was stunning. Either way, Natalia is gorgeous as always and fit perfectly the theme of the cover intelligent women.

I think Natalie looks great in both the cover and ed.She looks cool and very indie (we don't usually see her like that)

Michelle originally had the cover, but she requested that she be taken off after Heath died. Anyway, I think Natalie is a better fit on the cover for the theme of the issue, which is "intelligent women." However, it's a bad cover pic.

I think it's funny this is the "intelligent women" issue and yet there is such little mention of it on the actual cover. I guess 270 dresses are more appealing to women?

Michelle Williams is actually very, very intelligent. She doesn't broadcast it the way Natalie Portman does (or rather, the way Portman's publicist/manager does), but she is. She would also be a fitting cover subject, but I sympathize with her request to be taken off the cover. She definitely needs to lie low for a while.

ELLE needs a new Editor in Chief. I remember when ELLE was a prominent fashion magazine and held some status. Today it seems to try and wan't to be a intellectual magazine, and it just does not come across that way. I wan't more fashion!, more well-known models, more photographers:woot:, more creativity!. The white background is really boring me to death. I would love to see a new cover photo format. Different Angles, Less Text, Lighting, Length (head shot vs. whole body). Elle has not been at the top of its game for awhile, 2008 should be a new episode for them....as Tim Gunn would say "Make it work!"

Oh if only TFS members had a chance to be Editors in Chief of American magazines!:lol::innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always felt that one of the unique points about US Elle was its geographical inclusiveness - that it was willing to give as much emphasis to, say, the fashion scene in Miami, as it would do to the more traditional 'cities of style'.

Also, US Elle felt more European... when US Vogue runs an editorial referencing Paris or Venice, it's often stereotypical in the settings and the imagery, whereas US Elle's version would be more subtle and modern.

I use the past tense because I haven't had reason to buy one issue since the Joe Zee takeover, they just haven't seemed worth the money.

Andi Muise is in this issue!
Hey guys, just wanted to inform you that my american elle with oscar de la renta editorial is now on the stands.... yet to see it!
hope your all well
xxx
I hope someone can Scan it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->