US Elle April 2008 : Natalie Portman by Carter Smith

It looks like they used an photo from an article for the cover in a last minute emergency. Not a cover-worthy look.

(elle.com)
Michelle Williams. Article here
Photographed by Tom Munro
Styled by Joe Zee

God, Michelle is stunning. :wub: And she'll be one of those women who looks even better as she ages...

Judging by the editorial, if Michelle would have had an amazing cover. :crush:

Michelle's edit does nothing for me, pretty but bland i like her UK Vogue spread much better.

Oh! Oscar!
Photographed by Roger Deckker
Styled by Christopher Niquet

{scanned by me}

Michelle would have been a wonderful cover subject, sorry Natalie. DX
Thank you for the Andi editorial!

oh cest magique!!!!please scan natalie's ed!!!:flower:pretty pleeeeaaase!!!:D

I like the cover but I thought Balenciaga had a clause with magazines that said you couldn't style their pieces with anything else.

In other words, you have to keep the look as it is. Isn't that still in action? :unsure:

The Natural
Photographed by Carter Smith
Styled by Joe Zee

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you say! Can I be a complete pain in the butt and ask if anyone has the last page of the Michelle interview? TIA!

I never get cover choices - finally US Elle has someone who isn't Giles Bensimon shooting and they produce a cover that is identical to what Bensimon has shot for the past decade - at the very least if they were going to be unadventurous they could go back to reference some of his earlier work back when Elle covers varied a bit.

How striking would it be if this portrait of Michelle had been the cover instead?

2wqxqvb.jpg

I know I'm asking the impossible of Elle but goodness it would be nice for a little bit of cover versatility given the changes in layout/style that have occurred since Joe Zee's takeover. Sometimes I swear if I had the right printer/paper I'd just make and print my own covers every month. :lol:

Image Credit | Elle.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->