US Vogue June 2012 : Hope Solo, Ryan Lochte & Serena Williams by Annie Leibovitz

Country Strong (Better Version)
Ph: Annie Leibovitz

vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder Women
Photographer:
Bruce Weber
Athletes: Alexandra Raisman, Carmelita Jeter, Hope Solo, Sydney LeRoux & Missy Franklin

vogue.com

cut to the chase
photographer: patrick demarchelier
model: joan smalls
stylist: tonne goodman
hair: akki
make-up: brigitte reiss-anderson

vampirehorde @ fashion scans remastered

The yellow Versace dress Karlie is wearing is perfect for the tennis shot. Love it.

^ It is, but that shot is hilarious.

The cover in HQ...i think Hope looks best, and i resent the text above the masthead!!

The yellow Versace dress Karlie is wearing is perfect for the tennis shot. Love it.

When I saw the HQ I noticed that the texture of the dress was exactly the same as the texture of a tennis ball so it is indeed the perfect dress for the shot :lol:

I love the Joan Smalls editorial. Honestly it just seems as if with the Karlie editorial, they shot them separate and just cut and paste the photos together....she seems so out of place there...the outfits are lovely though.

OMG those sportsmen's bodies are awful :\ :\

^ Are we even looking at the same bodies? What is wrong with them? Too muscualr? Too good looking? :ninja:

OMG those sportsmen's bodies are awful :\ :\

Well they’re not supposed to look like models; they have bodies that are built for sport and endurance and activities that require a little more effort than walking up and down a runway.:P

...I think they look good.^_^

#121 I only like the picture with Wade to be honest, the rest is a bit boring and forgettable.
the cover in the other hand is great. Long time since US Vogue cover looks original.

Leibowitz´s editorial is definitely the worst. Every sportsman looks so unsporty there... very fake, almost like wax museum. Terrible. Then you look at Weber´s pic with running horse and running athlete and you can see a difference! Love it... Weber had shoot the cover and main editorial

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall I like this issue just for the athletes, I would of prefered solo eds with the three cover stars in their elements and an actual fashion shot. The cover doesn't look too great in HQ, in the first pic posted it looked better:lol:

Karlie posing next to the athletes are good shots but it fails miserably when they are showcasing their sport looks like they photoshopped her in. Would have been 100x better without her in those shots imho. Can't wait to see Serena's ed her body is pure power.

^ Are we even looking at the same bodies? What is wrong with them? Too muscualr? Too good looking? :ninja:
Lack of their necks for example.. :sick: Or all those bumps called muscles :sick: :sick: So not sexy IMO
Or Karlie standing next to that midget...

Leibowitz´s editorial is definitely the worst. Every sportsman looks so unsporty there... very fake, almost like wax museum. Terrible. Then you look at Weber´s pic with running horse and running athlete and you can see a difference! Love it... Weber had shoot the cover and main editorial

That's what I like the most about the editorial. The surreal touch is very nice and not something you see often in Vogue US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->