US Vogue June/July 2021 : Kaia Gerber by Colin Dodgson

Quite a good and packed issue.

I think in general a predominantly Insta model led issue just feels outdated IMO regardless of them as individuals but probably because I just can’t take hailey seriously at all

Fair enough. It is a little excessive to have Kaia, Hailey, Bella, and Kendall all in one issue.

Hugo is the only good ed inside this issue. Well since Vogue Us seem like they can't afford Steven Meisel anymore, I don't mind his protégé like EJG or Hugo become stable for the magazine. They are suddenly better Nigel work for sure.

The issue is coherent and I guess most of it was shot in LA?
Bella’s ed could have been great without Bella on it. Overall the issue suffers from too much insta girls. When picking them, there should have some type of coherence regarding their versatility.
Hailey and Kendall are just fine tho.

This issue is so bland. There are a lot of potentials failed by model choices. If they want to restructure, maybe Vogue US needs it the most.

It's funny how a lot of us want models to be featured on the cover and we get this...

The only Editorial I even remotely like is Bella’s almost everything else is trash unfortunately

Got myself a copy a few weekends ago and I didn't mind parting with the £8.50 it costs here, because this is one of those rare occasion where there's more than one element to an issue of American Vogue in which I can remotely tolerate - and the cover really is rather beautiful in person.

The highlight of the issue is Hailey Bieber by Hugo Comte, because it's giving me all sorts of early 00s Carmen Kass by Steven Meisel vibes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->