US Vogue March 2011 : Lady Gaga by Mario Testino

When was the last time a "musician" was on the cover of this magazine anyway?

A little late putting Lady Gaga on the cover, but it's a move in the right direction for American Vogue!!

When was the last time a "musician" was on the cover of this magazine anyway?

Beyonce was, in March of 2009. Before that, I think it was Madonna in 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
the cover is very very good, it's surprising to see something new for us vogue
lady gaga, on the other hand, i could REALLY do without

Not into the Alejandro-do. But, it's Gaga. She can do anything. It's toned and polished, suitable for American Vogue.

I like it! This issue will surely sell a lot of copies. It's very tame, I expected more but it's nice, anticipating the editorial~

i like it a lot, the styling is quite different to what usually US vogue looks like, i approve.

Lol I just told a model friend of mine to get her hair cut short just like this cover (but the inspiration came from MariaCarla B for Gaultier) Im loving it.

The cover is very classic with a twist. The pink does it quite well and she seems much dressed that we are used to. Great compromise.

Oh, and to all the Gaga haters, being a hater is SOOO 2006. Her album is coming, you know? Better run for the caves in the mountains, soon :P

x2472eaa8.jpg

atrl

I like it but I wish she would have ditched the Alejandro "look" with the haircut and the eyebrows. can't wait for the HQ though.

It is kind of sad that Lady Gaga has to change the way US Vogue does things as far as their covers. But I also find it funny that people praise the cover but dislike gaga. Like if it wasn't for her, they would have never done this.

weren't there rumors that rihanna got shot for vogue? regardless, i'm impressed that anna wintour and her team convinced lady gaga to wear clothes at all; after all, graydon carter couldn't manage it.

weren't there rumors that rihanna got shot for vogue? regardless, i'm impressed that anna wintour and her team convinced lady gaga to wear clothes at all; after all, graydon carter couldn't manage it.

Yeah, Rihanna said so on her Twitter.

Wow, great to see that Haider Ackermann dress on a cover. And I love the blue one from the inside pic, as well. Hopefully there's even more in Gaga's ed.

I basically love everything about the cover: the styling, the pink hair, the colors...I just can't stand Gaga's face. But there's nothing much you can do about that anyway so all in all I'm super happy with the cover. Well done, Vogue US.

I really like the odd pink color of the wig and the bleached eye brows with the dark shade on the lips... not so crazy about the dress... I do like the overall color theme of the cover... now, wait for the HQ!

It's very GaGa yet at the same time very US Vogue, if that makes sense. I'm picking this up just for the cover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->