US Vogue March 2011 : Lady Gaga by Mario Testino

I'm excited for Haider because he deserves that kind of exposure. And regardless of my feelings for her music, I have to say that this is an OK cover. I do not like the hairstyle but it looks alright. I actually want to see her editorial, if she got one.

But Born-this-way-promo is everywhere and it starts to annoy me.

I think the fact that she is actually quite an unfortunate looking person helped this cover to become edgy... I like it...

:rolleyes: Really? You think Anna Dello Russo deserves a Vogue US cover? Oh my god... .

Not another cover with this woman pls;-))) she should stick to her editing... and I dont think she is doing really well at the moment.

what is this hysteria of self-exposure? Anna, Marc Jacobs... Tom Ford is probably soon will be printed naked on the toilet rolls...I mean seriously?!

no interest in her at all and they should have done this when there was all the hype around her

but i guess the cover is not too bad

First of all, I can't see the pic in #1 :huh: But I managed to find it on another site, we are all looking at a blurry pic with a copy of Cosmo behind it?
Anyhow from this pic I see it is definite departure for the magazine and I don't mind the pink wig......the problem I have is that facially she looks bloody awful, and she can look reasonable depending on the styling. It might be that the pic (being small and blurred) is a little off. Yeah I need to see a better pic.

No big fan of Gaga, but happy for her getting the cover, and I suppose this was not how I was expecting her to look, so in that respect they have achieved something.

But not March issues - I was referring to that specific month. Maybe it's my age, but tfs is taking me down a path of total pedantry, where these small details are starting to make me insane. So while I'm at it, it's not a cheetah or a tiger cub on that Vanity Fair cover, it's a lion.

couldn't karma ....
so ....
:lol::lol:

and you were absolutely right, last model march cover was Amber in 2000
:flower:

It's not bad. She's usually annoying and obnoxious but not so here. It's a nice Vogue cover. I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes.

I'm thrilled for Haider Ackermann to land this cover. So often stunning collections by designers such as Ackermann can fall under the radar and do not get the credit they deserve. But to see my favourite collection of S/S 11 on the cover of US Vogue, as worn by Gaga - I can't imagine the opportunities this will create for Ackermann.

Such a refreshing choice for the cover of US Vogue.

LOVE.
IT.

GaGa. wow. i mean, say what you want -- love her or hate her. it doesn't matter. she has gone from relative obscurity to literal omnipresence in 18 months. and not just "fame" by a name. but with MILLIONS of rabid fans, in every corner of our planet. she has become a sort of instant icon. it's an incredibly rare thing. in the past 30 years, really think about it. who has been an INSTANT ICON in popular music? Michael Jackson. Madonna. Whitney Houston. Britney Spears. Beyonce. Lady GaGa. that's really it. and, at this moment, she genuinely is as huge as any of those artists were when they first exploded. and she has a relationship with her fans that is so intense and so connected and so influential, it's very unique to her. this magazine will definitely sell. sell. sell.

In the Cover Rumor Thread, I was hoping for something stripped down and natural. Yet they've done the opposite and I like it. It's certainty different for US Vogue, the pink hair and all. I applaud them for attempting it and pulling it off.

definitely a strong and bold cover, i love the pink hair and the Ackermann dress, hope she will have a long feature and article.
they started very good this year, i mean january and february were amazing, from articles to editorials.
can't wait to see the eds, usually march is filled with great ones.

If the internet had existed for the past thirty years, we might have seen a multitude of instant icons made on a similar basis to Gaga - so much so, that we might have been tired of it by 1982. Never mind world oil reserves, can you imagine running out of fashion ideas to constantly recycle that early in our evolution?
Posted via Mobile Device

Why is this woman just so magnetic? It's hard to dislike anything that she's involved in. I really like her music and I do think people should give her a chance. I agree with happycanadian-it's actually exciting to see someone be able to actually still accumulate this type of success in our heyday, even if you aren't in her favor.

Her face bothers me, and the wig makes it all look even worse. It's not so bad though.:P

well it's a pleasant cover IMO...she looks tamed here and I love that Ackerman's dress..

Wow I dont think Ive been this excited for a March issue of Vogue in years:woot:, finally something different and "edgy" on the cover, love the pink wig and dress cant wait to see her inside edit and the rest of the contents!:D

1) YES YES YES!!!! Vogue is on the ball and doing it better than ever! Kristen's issue was insanely refreshing and inspiring (perfection to say the least) so I CANNOT wait for the contents. Oooh this issue is going sell like MAD. Advertisers will be over the moon lol.
2) The ones who are saying Vogue is elitest are right and wrong. Right because it's above all a 'high fashion magazine' and wrong, simply because of its circulation and readership figures (hello, 1.2 million compared to VP's 210,000. which is normal due to the size of their respective country).
3) The last cover with models was May 2009 I believe? and before that wasn't Natalia's July 2007 one??

^^ The last cover with model was April 2010 with Gisele Bundchen on the cover

Somehow I feel as refreshed as the this cover is refreshing. Of course, there'll be so many people hate it but it always happen. People have opinions and favorites and affections. This cover really gives Vogue US a stand as it's a mainstream media and I think this will boost the sale of the magazine. Plus the choice of styling as, well, amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->