US Vogue March 2011 : Lady Gaga by Mario Testino

I love the pastel color palette on the cover, and this is a nice cover considering the combination of the cover subject and the magazine.

It looks like they met halfway without any of them loosing their identity. The result is quite nice and not the disaster it could be.

Sure it could be more fun and 'out there', but this is US Vogue and it's quite a big step for them.

I dont like the cover...and in terms of innovation and originality i really dont see any difference between a pretty celebrity and lady gagà with a wig...i just don t get it...it the very same level of boredom to' me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga but I happen to like the cover. It's something different for US Vogue and I'm sure it will sell a lot. I just hope the content is as good as it has been the past few months.

Revisiting her Alejandro period, it seems... It's a lovely cover, I like everything about it. I like how it is GaGa but the cover seems so soft... a total contradiction but I love it!

I SO agree with this comment. It's probably the only cover I've seen in ages that didn't look so stereotypical, and the edgiest cover we might get in a while (well depending on what Rihanna's cover looks like) and I don't even like Gaga, but this cover certainly is refreshing in how different it is from the usual.

KUDOS ANNA/GAGA/TESTINO (are we sure its not Klein?)!!! Biggest risk Vogue has taken on their cover in YEARS! Edgy but polished. More like this please! USVogue needs to be a style leader, not a recycler of looks and trends from VP and VI. This cover starts to move them closer to what the US version of Vogue should look like. And it took Gaga to get them there. :D Who styled?

^ She's not any uglier or more superficial than Sarah Jessica Parker, imo....... Hell, if Ivana Trump or Melania Knauss can have cover, it's not as special or as prestigious as people like to believe.

:lol:

Thank You!

i can't see the picture, so i re-upload with this! sorry a bit blurry!

styleite

It's not that great. I don't get the hype; I hate that mint background that Testino does, cheapens US Vogue to below a UK Vogue standard.

sometimes i find hit and miss with her style and looks.. but i think she looks great in this recent cover,

and about pink wig? is nicki minaj the only person who can use that pink color for her hair? geez..

T4P...I love the cover! As already said, I too like the fact that the cover represents Gaga but still has Vogue's essence. It's definitely the most risk Vogue has taken since I don't know when. :lol: :wink:

also -- i am just excited for GaGa! i mean, i know she's accomplished a great deal in the past 2 years, but i'm quite certain that she will be very excited about being on the cover of VOGUE. as fashion obsessed as she is, she's likely dreamed of this since she was very young.

The fact that Gaga can get the cover is a boost to the dreams of anyone not in possession of the type of beauty welcomed by Hollywood or the runway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Does anyone know when the magazine will hit newsstands?

And as someone mentioned, I wish we could get info on how much this issue will sell.

i can't remember who said the cover reminds of early karen elson, but i totally agree. i don't care about gaga the person/the character and i generally find her interviews quite unisteresting, but i do like many of her songs and i think it's a very good picture. not to mention she does have some relevance and it totally makes sense to link her to fashion.
great to see a haider ackermann dress on the cover by the way.

I feel like Gaga is absolutely relevant to fashion and considering many of the starlets who make the cover of Vogue US, it would almost be a dis or not make sense to NOT put Gaga on the cover. As I see it, she's helping top make thousands if not millions of people more aware of the couture aspect of fashion. Lady Gaga is as synonymous with fashion as she is with catchy music to many of her fans (myself included). I love the cover. I love that her pose is so straightforward. She's standing straight and tall and it looks like it belongs on an issue dubbed "The Power Issue". The best part of the cover, though, for me, is the colors used. Absolutely lovely shades and very appropriate to spring (contrast that with Vogue UK's March cover this year). Admittedly, the Alejandro look is not my favorite of hers, but I think she's owning it on the cover. I can't wait to see the inside photos. I hope there are many.

So yeah, I like the cover and I think the cover star is the most relevant-to-the-fashion-world cover star Vogue US has had since last Spring.

Putting all the relevance discussions aside, it's really one of her worst looks to make it a cover one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->