US Vogue March 2013 : Beyonce by Patrick Demarchelier

Cover and editorial are ridiculously bland. It's weird because dispise all the va va voom in her songs and preformances, Beyoncé always comes down as a very bland person with limited personality and style.

You don't even know her. So why judge someone when you don't know how she really is?

^ That would be a good point if celebrities were presenting who they really are to us, the public, but they're not.

I'm not particularly happy with that subscriber cover to be honest, it looks bland in the pose and stare. The other one (even though looked weird) had more umph to me.

Does anyone have Phoebe Philo's feature to share?

Pretty shocked that even US Vogue has now gone to the route of other magazines with different cover images for sub. Kinda lame! Focus on making one decent cover!

This has to be one of the weakest and most lackluster March/spring issues in years.
Also surprised by the lack of M&M, Meisel, Liya, Karen Elson, Natalia, etc.

My scan of the subscribers cover

Attachments

• Vogue 313sub.jpg
    Vogue 313sub.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 52
i like the subs cover too, it suits the power theme without being too obvious

I totally adore Camilla's styling in The Emperor's New Clothes, I love the total look from the hair, the makeup and the clothing choice, even though the editorial reminds me of Karlie's ed in China but I enjoy this more.
But I agree this issue is kinda short in fashion content, I wish there are more eds...
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe it's just me, for some reason I think that On the Prowl looks fine online but it looks absolutely HIDEOUS to me in print.

This has to be one of the weakest and most lackluster March/spring issues in years.
Also surprised by the lack of M&M, Meisel, Liya, Karen Elson, Natalia, etc.
I completely agree, there was a time maybe 4 or 5 years ago, I would wait patiently for the March Vogue issue. Checking daily for cover updates, the revealing of the editorials...models, photographers. And now, I talk a quick look through the pages and move on..And pick up W instead :shifty:

Didn't they literally just have an ed with Carolyn Murphy two months ago or something? Then again, they pretty much put Karlie in an ed probably every month e.e

I got the May 2007 issue a few days ago because I was on the hunt for covers with Sasha on them (it's a sad thing having a magazine with Cara D on it but not a single one wth Sasha) and that issue was amazing! Now it's like they're all the same crap. You get two or three studio eds (because they're so cheap. Yet Carine was able to make studio sets look amazing. Some of her most famous editorials are studios yet Vogue just does girls wearing clothes jumping around.) and then one or two is in a real setting. This is the Spring fashion issue, aka the second biggest issue of the year, and of course they're playing it safe by putting Beyonce (who I think is way overrated, I'm sick of seeing her face everywhere) in a plain grey background. Same as February, and last March. Vogue used to be so fun. Anna Wintour in the nineties had this amazing, crazy style. Nowadays she dresses like she's got a stick shoved up her rear end. I just wish that Vogue could go back to the days when they put out slightly edgy editorials and articles that aren't about rich society women. ESPECIALLY since the average income of their readers is around $60-65k. I mean, 80% of W's readers are women, and their income average is 135k. They put out amazing, edgy editorials and they use different models and their articles are actually interesting. And whenever they use models as covers they're always supermodels. The last model on the cover of Vogue was Kate Moss (who also is too overrated nowadays) for September 2011. Before that it was Christy Turlington in August 2009, and before THAT it was KATE for August 2008. It's been six years since a non supe was on the cover.

Maybe it's just me, for some reason I think that On the Prowl looks fine online but it looks absolutely HIDEOUS to me in print.

no i thought the same! its one the ugliest editorials i've seen in quite some time. it looks...sims like or something.:lol: too computery looking! ruins the whole thing.

In this issue there's a beautiful photo of Karlie Kloss by Testino in a pink hat.
Does anybody have this photo in good quality please? :flower: :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->