US Vogue March 2024 : Miuccia Prada by Steff Mitchell

Annie leibovitz in this case would have done a good job, this photo is so amateurish, but I'm happy to see Miuccia Prada on the cover (the second designer after Stella McCartney)

Oh, god. What a waste of great archival designs on such uninspired and lazy lookbook photography. And with the amount of photograps posted on Vogue's website, I suppose most of Gigi's photos will be crammed within a mere few pages worth of collage. Sad state. The rest of the content will probably be a slight elaboration on what we've already seen in British Vogue.

I wish Anna asked Miuccia to just wear her clothes. She is a style icon, one of my style icons…
I’m more inspired by the way she puts her clothes together than how Gigi wears it in front of a white background.

If you have a model in Prada, shoot it at the Prada/MiuMiu store or at Fondation Prada! Do something!

It’s lackluster for the big moment.

Considering her relationship with Anna and the fact that PRADA will always be associated with Vogue somehow, more could have been done. And we know Bertelli showered Vogue with dollars for this issue!

There is no denying how beautiful Gigi is but clothes "speak" louder in editorial. And in that sense I glad about it, but in other words, it doesn't matter much if is Gigi or any other in those. Which differs from Miuccia's editorial, see clothes are complement of it.

Sometimes I can't see some post or write in some threads because I've silenced the member that created the post. But IG help me when something new comes. Wow, just saw Miuccia's cover. So unexpected. I like the idea, even I dislike the Prada collections post 2016. I was expenting a Hollywood actress or singer on the cover.

So great to see Miuccia on the cover and at the same time so disappointing to see the accompanying editorial with Gigi. It just screams archival Prada on a low budget and doesn't do the genius moments of Miuccia any justice. So many iconic Prada muses to choose from....Stef Mitchell did a pretty good job with Miuccia's portraits but the editorial is just incredibly underwhelming.

It's a good portrait but it DOESN'T WORK as a cover.
A person on a magazine cover should ALWAYS connect with the readers and LOOK AT them.
Otherwise it's just a random shot of someone looking away.
I like the styling though, it's a nice photo with that landscape too.

All of this doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid. The portrait itself feels lifeless, and rather sterile for what's supposed to be a spring fashion issue. Not at all deterred by the fact we've got Miuccia Prada on the cover either. The photography from Steff Mitchell is what downgrades this whole thing, so abysmal, pedestrian and devoid of style.

Those accompanying photos of Gigi are horrific! A total missed opportunity to have had all the Prada favorites over the years (like Sasha Pivovarova for instance) wearing those archival looks, and by someone far more capable than Steff Mitchell.

So this is what US Vogue does to Miuccia Prada. Golden opportunity to create something so beautiful celebrating Miuccia and her iconic brands, but yet, this is what we get.

i'm okay with this but at the same time, it's too plain, too flat of photos both by themselves and as compared to other designer profiles over the years at us vogue. still, miuccia looks charming here, so i can't hate on it.

because my expectations are nonexistent with us vogue, i'm not as upset as someone could be about it. what i don't like is choosing gigi for this. no energy, just boring, coming across like amateur hour at a high school or college open casting call for a local runway show (do people still even do those things?). of all the models, gigi? was she miuccia's choice? i really hope not. she's making the clothes look depressed and she looks like she's ready to take a nap. the whole thing is tired.

I'd have loved to have seen Carolyn Murphy back in those Prada pieces.

exactly. she would've worked much better here than with usher imo

it's perfectly okay to feature a well established mid-age model with zest than chase youth using an underwhelming, lethargic one.

vogue keeps getting it wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->