US Vogue March 2024 : Miuccia Prada by Steff Mitchell

Looking through the issue today, it's a bit sad just how lackluster the fashion photography is for a March issue. Nothing I'll remember in a week or two. There are a few great photos (the Anne Hathaway one, for example) but not a single good fashion story. I think Gigi's photos work better than I expected in the context of the article, though. The lookbook vibe works.
I feel the same with you on the two points. The fashion editorials are beyond lackluster and forgettable and the Gigi photographs look really good within the Miuccia Prada article.

Reactions: KoV
I know 'glamour' is such a dirty word in the offices of Vogue nowadays, but why does the cover have to look so dreary?
Firstly, visually speaking, the image itself is just not American Vogue. Not even nu-Vogue, the celebrity obsessed wannabe that tries so hard to be 'part of the conversation'. It looks more like a lockdown cover under Farneti. Someone commented newspaper supplement and I see that as well. There's not enough refinement to make it Vogue.

Overall the entire effort seems a bit like a box-ticking exercise, something that will be added to the trivia and flashbacks of all parties involved.

I don't understand where Vogue is going with the 'women dressing women' angle, because lest we forget that when the time came for Miuccia to champion someone other than herself, she chose a man. I mean I doubt it shocked anyone because, at the core, she was always a second-wave feminist. But it's just very odd to see her presented under this label because if you want to talk about the 'boys club' in fashion she's right there at the head of the table. Think back on all the fashion brands people used to complain about who had the least ethnic, shape and gender diversity (the very complaints and pushback that led to this Vogue cover celebrating women designers), Prada was easily the most problematic.

Making clothes for women doesn't start and end at simply being a woman. There must be more criteria, surely. What else are you doing to empower women not only through your clothes but also through your position? Are they consistently working with female creatives and artisans, female-run suppliers, how many women are employed by the brand and what are their benefits? The list goes on!

All of this is far too surface level for me.

Wait, what? Am I seeing a no Kardashian, no far left politician, no celebrity promoting a new movie/album, no Taylor in the cover? Is Anna ok?

Dude, you really don't like Taylor (saw your post in her Time magazine cover). Why mention her here as well? Makes no sense.

Do we think Ms. Prada was suppose to be the cover model?!? Because, I'm thinking Kingsley Ben-Adir and Lashana Lynch might have been the first choice for the cover based on the behind the scene video Vogue posted earlier today. Some shots that didn't make the magazine look like cover tries.

I would have LOVED a cover with Kingsley and Lashana.

Do we think Ms. Prada was suppose to be the cover model?!? Because, I'm thinking Kingsley Ben-Adir and Lashana Lynch might have been the first choice for the cover based on the behind the scene video Vogue posted earlier today. Some shots that didn't make the magazine look like cover tries.

I would have LOVED a cover with Kingsley and Lashana.
Well, since neither Kingsley Ben-Adir nor Lashana Lynch are female designers, I believe Ms. Prada was the right cover choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->