US Vogue September 2023 : Linda, Cindy, Christy & Naomi by Rafael Pavarotti

After initial excitement over their reunion settled, the more I saw of this photoshoot the more I hated it. Naturally, it was all over my feed and I was exposed to it often enough to notice more and more just how terribly executed it all is. The styling, the photography, the retouching, the everything. The covers are utterly hideous and no amount of nostalgia, respect and love would make me spend €15 on that. The blue background is embarrassing on so many levels and to all of you complaining over grey studio backdrops... at least they don't make the final product look like Lidl ads. It's such a massive disappointment to know that they invested in this reunion, made it happen after so many years just to completely fumble the final result and ruin what could've been the cover of the decade. As a photographer best known for his work with dark skinned models whose faces and bodies he aesthetically makes appear two dimensional, Pavarotti was not the man for this job. He is not a good commercial photographer and with his aesthetic he never will be and while he may not know better, the grand editors of these two major publications should've. I like to believe that in a different world, Peter Lindbergh would've shot this but the next man in line for this was Steven Meisel and I'll die on that hill. Majorly missed opportunity and everyone suffered for it. Pity.

As for the other contents in this issue, they are absolutely abysmal with zero redeeming qualities whatsoever. I absolutely hate all of it. That's all.

Does anyone believe this garbage? Augie is the son of the 30th richest man in the world. Excerpt from the vogue.com cover story. In my view Vogue should not be publishing disingenuous quotes like this.

Linda and her teenage son, Augie, share a passion for team sports. Back in the day, when Linda was still a working Super, Madison Square Garden used to call and offer her courtside seats. “But then they stopped asking,” she says. “Out of sight, out of mind. Now we buy our tickets and we sit with the fans in nosebleed—we’re fine with that. I wanted to have a very normal upbringing for my child.” Augie is not always convinced by the charms of life outside the bubble. “Do you think if they recognized you we would have to be standing in this line?” he asks. Linda counters, “What’s wrong with standing in this line? I stand in lines. We went to Chanel a couple of weeks ago to get a present and we waited half an hour to get in. He said, ‘Isn’t there someone you could call?’ I do not want an entitled child.

Does anyone believe this garbage? Augie is the son of the 30th richest man in the world. Excerpt from the vogue.com cover story. In my view Vogue should not be publishing disingenuous quotes like this.

What’s disingenuous about it? It clearly states that she is choosing to raise her son that way. Not that she can’t afford to provide a more extravagant lifestyle.

After initial excitement over their reunion settled, the more I saw of this photoshoot the more I hated it. Naturally, it was all over my feed and I was exposed to it often enough to notice more and more just how terribly executed it all is. The styling, the photography, the retouching, the everything. The covers are utterly hideous and no amount of nostalgia, respect and love would make me spend €15 on that. The blue background is embarrassing on so many levels and to all of you complaining over grey studio backdrops... at least they don't make the final product look like Lidl ads. It's such a massive disappointment to know that they invested in this reunion, made it happen after so many years just to completely fumble the final result and ruin what could've been the cover of the decade. As a photographer best known for his work with dark skinned models whose faces and bodies he aesthetically makes appear two dimensional, Pavarotti was not the man for this job. He is not a good commercial photographer and with his aesthetic he never will be and while he may not know better, the grand editors of these two major publications should've. I like to believe that in a different world, Peter Lindbergh would've shot this but the next man in line for this was Steven Meisel and I'll die on that hill. Majorly missed opportunity and everyone suffered for it. Pity.

As for the other contents in this issue, they are absolutely abysmal with zero redeeming qualities whatsoever. I absolutely hate all of it. That's all.

giphy.webp

giphy.com

I thought that Rafael P. is the son of the Italian soprano singer.

I picked this up in Publix today. After thumbing through it I was disappointed in the editorials The blue background was an eye sore as was most of the posing. The other editorials were just as bad with a lack of good photography and posing.

What’s disingenuous about it? It clearly states that she is choosing to raise her son that way. Not that she can’t afford to provide a more extravagant lifestyle.
It’s just not true.. I guess it’s the downside of co-parenting, on one hand you want him to be modest and ask for zero privileges, on the other she has to be fine with having him work in the least humble of all worlds (fine art/christie’s), with barely any directions, since he was 14 because.. heir. It’s no wonder he’s not ‘convinced’ by an outsider’s life and wants her to ‘make a call’, when he’s spending foundation years and forming his work ethic around the 1% of the 1%.

It’s just not true.. I guess it’s the downside of co-parenting, on one hand you want him to be modest and ask for zero privileges, on the other she has to be fine with having him work in the least humble of all worlds (fine art/christie’s), with barely any directions, since he was 14 because.. heir. It’s no wonder he’s not ‘convinced’ by an outsider’s life and wants her to ‘make a call’, when he’s spending foundation years and forming his work ethic around the 1% of the 1%.

And not to mention she's sharing an anecdote about them waiting in line at CHANEL, not like... somewhere mundane.

The best image in the whole magazine is that of Daniel Roseberry, though I may be bias because I think he's sexy af lol.

Wait, why would Meisel not be able to feature in both magazines? Does he have beef with Anna? What have I missed?

Via a recent article on the The New York Times website:

In 2009, when the International Center of Photography staged an exhibition featuring Mr. Meisel’s work, the Vogue editor Anna Wintour assigned a profile of Mr. Meisel. The result was an article suggesting that a possible reason for his reclusiveness was insecurity about his weight.

After that, Mr. Meisel shot for American Vogue only sporadically. Asked about the apparent deterioration of the magazine’s relationship with Mr. Meisel, Ms. Wintour said in an email, “Steven is an absolutely brilliant photographer, someone whose work defines our era and Vogue’s history, and I admire him so much.”

NYTIMES.COM

Can anyone stop Gabriella Karefa-Johnson? Her work is the worst.

And very annoying and distressed...always trying to get attention....i don't think all her work is bad but mostly yes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->