US Vogue September 2023 : Linda, Cindy, Christy & Naomi by Rafael Pavarotti

I purposefully avoided the editorial images in this thread because I wanted to see them in print. Picked up my copy at the newsstand yesterday. I can't believe we got these 4 together and the budget is almost non-existent. The same, blue background for every image? Unbelievable. A complete waste.
Compare this to the joyful WSJ. cover with Amber, Shalom, and Carolyn and it's truly shocking how bad this Vogue cover is (and I'm sure WSJ had a budget smaller than this one).

I hate everything about this with all my heart.
it's just fake, highly calculated and deeply shallow. And much too late to any party.
like a lost promise of nostalgia in a way that makes you uncomfortable to watch and witness.

This story comes at least 10 years too late to make a real and honest impact - in- and outside of the fashion world.

Anna and Edward have become such desperate wannabes and great pretenders of nothingness.

It's time for a revolution!

That Vanity Fair ed is awful in its own. Even that jerk had nothing to say with these subjects so what he could else do other than bringing the idea of (absolutely unnecessary) nudity. Demarchelier's level of autopilot work

That Vanity Fair ed is awful in its own. Even that jerk had nothing to say with these subjects so what he could else do other than bringing the idea of (absolutely unnecessary) nudity. Demarchelier's level of autopilot work
better that Vanity Fair shoot than this Rafael Pavarotti shoot, you may not like it but it's a glamorous editorial and the style is fantastic, the shoot is by Mario Testino

Testino really understands supermodel and knows how to put them together.
True, Testino brings glamor to his editorials and covers, and the fashion industry is lacking a lot (now we find ourselves with stylist editors and photographers of dubious taste chosen for the color of their skin and not for the talent)

Not that Vanity Fair shoot. Don't remind people that Queen Claudia wasn't included on the cover or in the documentary, please!

That Vanity fair shoot is awful, miles better than Pavarotti's but still bad.

Does anybody have a better version of this image?

Picture by me

I found this on a ebay listing. I assume they are inside the September issue.

Screenshot_20230820_141622_eBay.jpg

I found this beautiful 2008 Vanity Fair editorial by Mario Testino, the service had to be like this, the Glamor style, not this disaster of photos, even the style is terribly cheap

View attachment 1234567 View attachment 1234568 View attachment 1234569 View attachment 1234570 View attachment 1234571 View attachment 1234572
I’ve always hate this shoot! They all looked crazy in this except maybe Claudia.
They looked like they came from vacation, endured extreme heat and rushed to the photoshoot.

Testino wanted to recreate the excitement of the Vuitton show and they were all quite active then but what a horrible photoshoot!

The only thing redeemable was the Prada, Bottega Veneta and Vuitton looks because the styling was quite questionable (Stephanie and Claudia looking like suburbian housewives with the beige sweater matching the pumps and gloves with floral skirt…).

‘I take Rafael over this anytime…

s-l500.jpg

ebay

374 Pages

Supersonic (14 pages)
Photographer: Rafael Pavarotti
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Cast: Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell

Spirited Away (18 pages)
Photographer: Theo Liu
Stylist: Gabriella Karefa Johnson
Cast: Devon Aoki, Lala Takahashi, Ai Tominaga, Kiko Mizuhara :ninjas:, Hikari Mori

The Shape of Things to Come (12 pages)
Photographer: Norman Jean Roy
Stylist: Max Ortega :heart:
Cast: Devyn Garcia, Sherry Shi, Abby Champion, Paloma Elsesser + creatives from the Perelman Performing Arts Center in New York

Pure Imagination (14 pages)
Photographer: Sean Thomas
Stylist: Amanda and Tallulah Harlech
Cast: Ella Richards, Alfie Husband, Miranda Brooks, Moon Bedeaux, Tallulah Harlech, Francesca Hayward, Tish Weinstock

Paris, Texas (6 pages)
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Stylist: Alex Harrington
Cast: Daniel Roseberry, Michaela Coel

Just One Thing (6 pages)
Photographer: Cass Bird
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons
Cast: Grace Elizabeth and her family

Plus a stunning accessory shot for Last Look, Josh O'Connor by Anton Corbijn (4 pages), Daniel Radcliffe and others for the theatre edit by Norman Jean Roy (6 pages), Zadie Smith by Tyler Mitchell (2 pages), Governor Wes Moore dressed in shirts and pants that are far too tight for him, with his family by Annie Leibovitz, and outtakes from Grace and Devyn's sittings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evanadit
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->