US Vogue September 2023 : Linda, Cindy, Christy & Naomi by Rafael Pavarotti

It is like the revenge of black models because only Naomi looks spectacular,
the other fabulous models of course are georgeous but I think it is the photographer and those rare expressions
and bad gestures what makes a bad editorial...
of course it makes me think that they were super models, amazing for our eyes because behind the espectacular images, they were the best photographers. It looks with a lot of production without the touch of an artist.

This issue is very dress heavy. But on the first glimpse, this issue is better than last year’s bleak september offering. And of course, better flow than Vogue Uk

SPIRITED AWAY
Photography:
Theo Liu
Styling: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Issac Yu
Make-up: Ana Takahashi
Models/Celebrities: Devon Aoki (and her daughter Eleanor), NENE, Lala Takahashi, Ai Tominaga, Ryugo Ishida, Kiko Mizuhara, Makoto Azuma, Hikari Mori & Torayuki Yamada

Extended version from the official site:

US Vogue Digital Edition; vogue.com

Last edited:
THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME
Photography:
Norman Jean Roy
Styling: Max Ortega
Hair: Joey George
Make-up: Fulvia Farolfi
Grooming: Elika Hilata
Models/Celebrities: Devyn Garcia, Joshua Ramus, Sherry Shi, Abby Champion, Bill T. Jones, Jenn Freeman, Holland Andrews, Marcus Samuelsson & Paloma Elsesser

US Vogue Digital Edition

PURE IMAGINATION
Photography:
Sean Thomas
Styling: Amanda & Tallulah Harlech
Hair: Shiori Takahashi
Make-up: Mathias van Hooff
Models/Celebrities: Ella Richards, Alfie Husband, Miranda Brooks, Moon Bedeaux, Tallulah Harlech, Francesca Hayward, Tish Weinstock, Lydia West & Amanda Harlech

US Vogue Digital Edition

PARIS, TEXAS
Photography:
Annie Leibovitz
Styling: Alex Harrington
Hair: Antoinette Hill
Make-up: Kenya Alexis
Grooming: Peter Gray
Designer & Celebrity: Daniel Roseberry & Michaela Coel

US Vogue Digital Edition

CLOUD COVER
Photography:
Norman Jean Roy
Styling: Max Ortega
Hair: Joey George
Make-up: Fulvia Farolfi
Model: Devyn Garcia

US Vogue Digital Edition

There's so much going on and none of it is any good. Would it kill them to add a single-girl studio edit to allow the issue to breath?! The Michaela shoot is the only Vogue worthy thing in the issue even if it's been done a million times before. If I were to ever get a "Vogue moment" this is what I would want.

The photo of Daniel and Michaela looks like a composite. There is also something strange with the edge of her dress in both photos, it's weirdly blurred. Annie's handling of PS has been so off that I am not sure whether it's a mistake or another failed attempt at making her work "painterly" lol.

what a sad, has-been, pathetic issue.

i am just here for the queen Michaela Coel (even Annie overrdid it with PS)
and handsome Daniel.....

It feels like a last hurrah and rightfully so. Tired of it.

I really don’t care to reminisce these hags, it was a great era, they served looks, gave face, yet it all happened 30 years ago and we shouldn’t be stuck there.

This whole shoot feels like a Victorias Secret show where they’re all buddies and sticking together. #girlpower

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evanadit
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->