US Vogue September 2023 : Linda, Cindy, Christy & Naomi by Rafael Pavarotti

We wanted this cover for years. Even if the result is not what we expected, the OG Supers are fronting the September issue of Vogue again. It's also a good companion to the May cover (Naomi scored two US Vogue covers in the same year!)

PD: they forgot to mention Nepotism as a change in Fashion Industry.

I have to say that seeing the editorial left me in shock lol :
- Anna and Edward looking out of place
- Cindy's facial expressions don't work
- Linda and Christy look awesome
- Naomi's hair is melting with the dress = BAD PHOTOGRAPHER come on now y'all !!! Here's the basic proof.
- How in the wooooooorld this unknown photographer got chosen to shoot US Vogue + and US Vogue September's cover at that AND to shoot these supers ???? What do we not know now???
- Has Meisel even been considered or talked to, in order to shoot these supermodels???
- Will this covershoot be reprinted in ALL Vogue editions worldwide ???? AND other than British and American Vogue, will other Vogue be allowed to use this on their cover?

The videos are awesome, it's super nice to listen to them all and hear back from soooo many years of high fashion.
I like some of the images but it's because of them, but I wished the styling for the cover and the concept had been more thought through.

i love that they are on the cover, i dont mind the cover either (i prefer the vogue uk pose) but why rafael pavarotti? the editorial is too Photoshopped, Steven meisel , Mario testino,mert & Marcus would have done a far better job!! that said, I hope for better content even if it won't

I wish they would have had Paulina on this cover. In the 80's she was all over the pages and covers of Vogue.

Overall, I am satisfied with this. I am so happy for them getting the September issue, especially for Linda :redheart::redheart:. I just wished Linda had a solo image in the editorial.

This would've been so much better with Steven Meisel on board. It will be much better photographed, retouched, directed. I missed him in the pages of American Vogue.

It's a good shoot but what truly makes it is them, Linda, Naomi, Christy and Cindy, not what Vogue US or Vogue UK tried to do... honestly. It's disappointing as it has been for years now, specially I assumed Vogue US must had big say on it.
Set is disappointing and well editing.
At least styling and makeup makes up for it as well photographer.

Linda until this day I still adore her modeling, no exception here.

I would have loved if they had at least did more on set and made it... more special.
It just looks so plain and affordable.

I adoro the energy! Them being on cover! Together! Videos! Interviews!

Tbh, the only people who looks good in that whole shoot are Anna and Edward.

‘It’s an event, September appropriate but it’s a fail. I’m surprised by Linda! She may be uncomfortable with her body but her legs are still fabulous.
The retouching is insane…Worse than Isabeli on the cover of VP by Testino…And worse than Leibovitz.

I do missing look at Vogue and breathing fashion. I do hope it does more group photoshoots with other eras of models, tribute to designers, their work. And even people who working behind the stage in industry.

Vogue now a days cares to much about social media, influencers and celebrities and it's essence as fashion... it gets lost. Now a days look at it as more of lifestyle kind of magazine, when I see what's inside.

Unfortunately, Edward was right when he mentioned in the video that this cover wouldn't be forgotten for a while.

Doesn't the group shot with Anna and Edward (cringe) look like one of those ANTM fade out shots, like the one from Cycle 3 circa 04/05? The way the women look composited on top of each other in the shot just made me feel like they could easily fade away....whilst the two EICs laugh in the background. So cheesy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->