US Vogue September 2023 : Linda, Cindy, Christy & Naomi by Rafael Pavarotti

Doesn't the group shot with Anna and Edward (cringe) look like one of those ANTM fade out shots, like the one from Cycle 3 circa 04/05? The way the women look composited on top of each other in the shot just made me feel like they could easily fade away....whilst the two EICs laugh in the background. So cheesy.

Yes! :grinningwsweat: It's as though there were other girls who got photoshopped out, now the space is empty.
There's probably a name for it. @bertrando would know lol.

I really want to hug and kiss Linda. I can hear the pain she's has been during the recent times in her voice and it's so celebratory to put her on the cover of American Vogue again and also being for consecutive year on the British one. The concept of the shoot is quite basic and childish, but their presence makes me take this no matter what. My love for these ladies can't be broken by anything.

They ruled the world , except Turlington , they are all very retouched ... Respecting the sentimental memory of all they cannont convey moods . This is bad .

Linda, and Christy during my later teens, are forever face goddesses :smilingwhearteyes:.
But this cover misses the mark. I can't help to think that under Franca and Meisel that this cover would've ate.
Fashion is missing that eclectic / fantasy / itinerant magic and it shows here. Instead of the beautiful iconic foursome that they are, we instead get this - a throwback to two Goldie Hawn films: Death Becomes Her and First Wives Club.

The videos are nice though :flower:

Linda looks uncomfortable in these BTS picks and I can't imagine this shoot was very easy for her to do. These are her peers plus the concept of this editorial is such a contrived 'Look, I still got it' Fashion 101 idea that calls for svelte girls jumping and dancing around.
Why not do a series of nature-driven profiles of these models similar to what Annie did some time back? That would allow each model to shine.

Anyway, right from her British Vogue cover to this, there's something about the way fashion has handled her procedure. It's the pitying. Even in the BTS shots, one can see it.

I feel I should be excited about this but honestly what a let down. everything looks so fake and pretentious like they had to prove something. also hate they didn't include Claudia, especially with that cover line

Claudia wasn't in the documentary. It's as simple as that. Why are people acting like they locked Claudia in a closet or something and are refusing to let her "join"?

I do not understand why they would choose such a talentless photographer (surely because of "diversity", being black/young/etc. This would have been perfect with Meisel. Or even better a naturalistic approach (after Peter Lindbergh 90s cover) with Annemarieke van Drimmelen, Zoe Ghertner, Lachlan Bailey, Jamie Hawkesworth, etc etc. This is AI generated, soulless and sad. If only they could bring back Bruce Weber and stop with the annoying political correctness.

LOL WHAT? Let's not re-write history here, people.

Claudia Schiffer during the supers period was indeed the most famous and most photographed of them all.

she holds the Guinness Book of World Records for having graced more magazine covers than any other model (mostly achieved during that period)

iconic Guess ad campaign that catapulted her fame in the US due to those iconic top of the building outdoors and made Revlon notice her

Chanel muse (of which she has the biggest number of campaigns and categories, Vittoria Ceretti is very close but without a perfume campaign yet *manifesting*)
Valentino muse (iconic Fontana di Trevi campaign)
Versace muse (one of Gianni’s favourites)
Yves Saint Laurent muse

exclusive multimillion dollar contract with Revlon, sources say 10M dollars contract, making her the highest paid model in history (back then)

she did refuse indeed the invitation for George Michael’s ‘Freedom’ videoclip as she also refused having an Hermès bag named after her. (by ‘she’ I mean her PR team who for sure had influence, after all she was only 21)

Claudia didn’t need to be in a group such as Trinity to be noticeable, because she was one unique immensely profitable product/ image/ whatever on her own.

it’s ridiculous she wasn’t included on the Apple doc even though I’ve heard she’s mentioned. I mean….
it’s also ridiculous the absence of Helena Christensen or even Yasmeen Ghauri who were as famous and recognisable as the rest. or even Elle McPherson who started before.
sh*tty excuse to say ‘then only appeared 1 yeah later…’

anyway, I’ll say it again:

Claudia Schiffer was the most famous model of the supers.

everyone knew who she was.
it was the 90’s and she was the perfect blond bombshell.

not just because she was a high fashion model but also because she balanced carefully and wisely an extremely mainstream popularity that the other models didn’t have.

The retouching is too much, I like the 90s feel to it but it's mostly stiff. This needed one of the legendary photographers to capture their personalities.

Claudia Schiffer durante el período de las supers fue de hecho la más famosa y fotografiada de todas.

ella tiene el Libro Guinness de los récords mundiales por haber aparecido en más portadas de revistas que cualquier otro modelo (logrado en su mayoría durante ese período)

icónica campaña publicitaria de Guess que catapultó su fama en los EE. UU. debido a esos icónicos techos del edificio al aire libre e hizo que Revlon se fijara en ella

Musa de Chanel (de la que tiene el mayor número de campañas y categorías, Vittoria Ceretti está muy cerca pero sin una campaña de perfume aún *manifestándose*)
Musa de Valentino (campaña icónica de la Fontana di Trevi)
Musa de Versace (una de las favoritas de Gianni)
Musa de Yves Saint Laurent

contrato exclusivo multimillonario con Revlon, según las fuentes, contrato de 10 millones de dólares, lo que la convierte en la modelo mejor pagada de la historia (en ese entonces)

de hecho, rechazó la invitación para el videoclip 'Freedom' de George Michael como también rechazó que un bolso Hermès llevara su nombre. (por 'ella' me refiero a su equipo de relaciones públicas que seguro tuvo influencia, después de todo, solo tenía 21 años)

Claudia no necesitaba estar en un grupo como Trinity para llamar la atención, porque ella era un producto/imagen/lo que fuera único e inmensamente rentable por sí misma.

es ridículo que no haya sido incluida en el documento de Apple, aunque he oído que la mencionan. Quiero decir….
también es ridícula la ausencia de Helena Christensen o incluso de Yasmeen Ghauri que eran tan famosos y reconocibles como el resto. o incluso Elle McPherson que empezó antes.
Mierda de excusa para decir 'entonces solo apareció 1, sí, más tarde...'

De todos modos, lo diré de nuevo:

Claudia Schiffer fue la modelo más famosa de las supers.

todos sabían quién era ella.
Eran los años 90 y ella era la bomba rubia perfecta .

no solo porque era una modelo de alta costura, sino también porque equilibraba cuidadosa y sabiamente una popularidad extremadamente convencional que las otras modelos no tenían.
With Karen Mulder , Carla Bruni and yasmeen she did all the Couture

goshhhh now I only see that : FASHION CANADA cover ahahaha damn you ahahahaha :rofllaughing::rofllaughing::rofllaughing:

The FASHION Canada cover was much better. Even The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City did a better cast photo. :rofllaughing: (stream that by the way.)

Was Meisel not available? EJG? Not even Annie Leibovitz?

Last edited:
Some photos of the edit are fine, but are other than look a pool women clothes catalogue. I prefer than Meisel photograph this cover story & the results would be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->