US Vogue September 2023 : Linda, Cindy, Christy & Naomi by Rafael Pavarotti

ijbol

VO0923_EdLetter_01.jpg

vogue.com

British Vogue has the same shoot, slightly different cover.

Wow.. they share cover story too now.. for September ... the biggest issue of the year, I think by 2024 all Vogues will share the same cover story, editorials and articles lol, they just translate the articles into different language.

Imagine the "British Vogue ate, US Vogue is so bad" comments by oblivious netizens who never read any issue of current Vogue and said that just because Edward is so ~diverse~ , girl.. the magazines is all under Anna now.

Anyway, I like the editorial, even though the retouching reminds me of mid 00s to mid 10s Vogue when they always go crazy with photoshop on their pictures..

The level of retouching is.... It left me speechless.

It's just so commercial in a cheesy way and without any wit. I mean, what's with the glittery sprinkles? This could easily double as a Gap campaign.
I do like the shot of Linda and Christy in black, and Cindy and Naomi.

Does the shot of Anna and Edward appear in the magazine? Cringe.

For the first time I also have to complain about the retouching. It doesn't really bother me in fashion, in fact I welcome it in most cases.

But that portrait of Linda and Naomi had me audibly gasp. Why did they do them like that? Proud of Linda for showing so much skin, I wonder how much retouching her body underwent.

Linda Evangelista is still IT. Truly breathtaking in every shot.

The cover editorial reminds me of H&M's Holiday ad campaigns, not
that I'm complaining. They're slowly going back to featuring the fun side
of fashion that I missed in this depressing, performative era of fashion magazines.

British Vogue wins this cover round.

I wonder what edition is going to get that last shot as its gatefold cover?

Holly Photoshop, Batman!! they changed Cindy´s face in almost all pics :grinningwsweat:

I honestly kinda hate this... the only pics that I love is the portrait of Linda & Naomi, the rest gives me nothing :smilingwtear:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->