V Magazine #59 Summer 2009 : Naomi, Eva, Daria, Kate, Gisele and Claudia by Mario Testino

Kate! Kate! Kate!

Kate! Kate! Kate!

Kate! Kate! Kate!

i loveed the shotting of Gisele look fabolous and the facial expresion look more strong of other time shotings

The content looks a lot better than the covers that's for sure.
Naomi's cover is decent, and Daria looks super hot but I am flabbergasted at how bad the cropping of the photo is.
Interested to see more though...

Kate is here (source)

kate-moss-v59-large.jpg

what horrible photoshop.....

Have the people at V forgotten how to use the pen tool and magic wand tool in photoshop? Could they not afford to photograph especially for a cover image?

Now I'm just assuming here, but actually I think V had another cover star in mind. But at the last minute that person bailed on them. So they had to use these girls (who probably just had an editorial before) for the cover instead. Thus why the photos look so badly cropped, and uncover like.

But still that's no excuse for the shotty craftsmanship here. People in the Vogue Cover Challenge thread can produce ten times better covers than these. And those covers are just for fun! When you're getting paid, and this is what you produce... it's ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't belive what a mess this turned out, such a let down.The only cover i like is the one of Naomi and Gisele, still laughing at Claudia's, wtf!

Photoshop is really horrible, but I think covers will be bit better in print

These covers are so amateurish :sick: At least the ed is great.

Now that we've seen the covers. I would like to quote from an incredible poet of the beat generation.

"Never judge a book by it's cover
Or who you're going to love by your lover
Love put me wise to her love in disguise
She had the body of a venus
Lord imagine my surprise..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbsBJmx-m2s

This quotation from the epic poem 'Dude Looks Like A Lady' sums up my feelings about these covers. I am not going to judge the issue based on them. I have faith that I will open this issue and find a great big surprise.

I kind of like the effect of the 'bad use of photoshop'. Claudia's is still my favourite, but I like Kate's. I would of preferred if her face was looking out of the cover.

I don't like Kate's cover
My Decision : Naomi's cover is my favourite (Second : Gisele)

Wow Kate's cover is awful.
Daria has the best cover, even though it is still pretty awful.

I feared they were going to use that shot of Kate for the cover. Words cannot describe how I'm dissappointed by V. At least the inside ed will be good. And I've never liked cola, but now I do, after seeing Noah's pic.

Aren't we all agreeing that these are obviously mock-ups and not the real covers -- for the sake of our sanity? Otherwise I'll go block the road in front of V's head-office.

^the thought that they are mock ups, is what keeps me going through the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->