V Magazine #149 Fall Preview 2024 : Candice Swanepoel, Kate Upton and Daiane Sodre by Alvaro Beamud Cortes

Photography: Alvaro Beamud Cortés
Fashion: Nicola Formichetti
Creative Director/Editor-in-Chief: Stephen Gan
Interview: Mathias Rosenzweig
Makeup: Raisa Flowers (E.D.M.A.)
Hair: Akki Shirakawa (Art Partner)
Models: Kate Upton, Candice Swanepoel, Daiane Sodre, Isabeli Fontana, Maria Klaumann (The Lions)
Set Design: Cristina Forestieri
Production: HG Producers Inc
DOP/Video Editor: Simone Triacca
Digital Technician: Christopher Murray
Photo Assistants: Simone Triacca, Craig Miller
Stylist Assistants: Brianna Dooley, Sophia Hernando
Makeup Assistant: Eunice Kristen
Hair Assistant: Ubu Nagano
Set Design Assistant: Jonathan Ruffini

Source: vmagazine.com

I feel like Carolyne would’ve elevated this sort of editorial but loving it! I am always here for a bombshell moment.

The models delivered and the editorial is awesome but the cover images chosen weren't the strongest. On the main cover, the photo didnt work for the V logo, it would have worked for a traditional masthead with Kate's face slightly lowered. The single covers are also missing that personality inn the editorial. Could this be promo for the new VSFS? Or is it the olympics theme? Daiane has been on the scene for a while and was even thought to be the next Adriana but her career became more commercial so seeing her suddenly back in high fashion may mean something else.

Kate Upton is back in a big way. Devil works hard but her agent works harder and I am all here for it. Check her thread. She is booking big covers lately.

Ali K really needs to teach a masterclass, he's really able to get all of his girls to straddle the line between commercial and fashion. I'm sure he's trying to promise them all that he can do for them what he did for Irina, which would convince me if I was a model.

Was this shoot sponsored by Alo? There are some stunning shots, but it all feels a bit disjointed. Like you had 3 concepts but a 30 minute limit for each and so you crammed them all into one editorial. Can we talk about how pissed I would be if I was Isabeli. I feel like she's the most talented/accomplished and she got relegated to supporting cast especially with that leftover cover.

Kate Upton is back in a big way. Devil works hard but her agent works harder and I am all here for it. Check her thread. She is booking big covers lately.
I'm more up for it now than I was the first time around.

I wasn't always impressed by her work back then, but I remember liking her Helmut Newton-inspired Vogue Italia cover from November 2012 so much that I had to go on ebay this week and buy myself a new copy (I don't know where my original one is).

Are they serious with this Upton resurrection? Plus VS chick and annoying Fontana... what year this issue from?

amazing editorial with real bombshells! love it all!
bombshells being a breath of fresh air in an industry that has been quite flat

The group cover is not working because I can see Kate Upton's nostril
but the solo covers are great
I am getting old 2000s Vogue Paris vibe, strong sexy beautiful fit women
And no politics how wonderful

Kate Upton looks like a low-budget version of Gigi Hadid (should have just booked Gigi for this cover, disappointing recent work aside she knows how to pose for editorial and Kate apparently still doesn't unless it's for Guess-esque cheesy shots)

Their individual covers are bad, it’s either the make up or the lighting

I see why people like it, but their body language/posing is too weak. They needed stronger direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insearchofpastissues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->