V Magazine July/August 2005 : Daria Werbowy by Bruce Weber

fashist-online.com

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial][size=-1][Review] V Magazine July/August 2005
[size=-2]Posted on July 30, 2005 at 11:16:06 PM by Sophia
[/size]
V36 July/August 2005

COVER

CoverV361.jpg

Bruce Weber’s amazing pictures of Daria clad in 100% Balenciaga! So chic and stunning. The neon V is just breathtaking. Styling by Joe McKenna. Hair by Didier Malige. Makeup by Diane Kendal.

ADS

2 pages Dolce & Gabbana
4 pages Emporio Armani with Anja Rubik and Roc Barbot
2 pages Louis Vuitton with Uma Thurman
2 pages Christian Dior with Kate Moss (blech!)
4 pages Adidas with Sessilee, Jeremy Dufour, and others
2 pages Fendi with Carolyn Murphy
2 pages D&G with Ilona K and others
2 pages Dom Perignon with Helena Christensen and Brad Kroenig (shot by Karl, of course)
1 page Polo Jeans with anonymous blonde
2 pages Diesel
1 page Lagerfeld Gallery with Erin Wasson
2 pages Sisley with Nicole Trunfio and some blonde
2 pages Miss Sixty with Asia Argento
inside back cover Calvin Klein Jeans with Natalia Vodianova
back cover Chanel eyewear with Luca Gadjus

EDITORIALS

First Look at Fall Glen Luchford makes Guinevere look dark and moody. Styling by Ana Steiner. 10 pages.

V36_GlenLuchford3.jpg

Glen Luchford is really one of the best fashion photographers because he’s totally unpretentious and 100% about beautiful clothes and beautiful girls. Here, Guinevere looks like an otherworldly goddess in leather jumpsuits and capes. There are a couple nude shots, including one with a clever Margiela snake scarf! Love this beautiful story. Five stars!
--

V Love Daria The Weber blowout cover story! Styling by Joe McKenna. 10 pages.

If you still thought Bruce Weber wasn’t fully back on the fashion map, this really solidifies it. Every piece of clothing in the story is from fall Balenciaga and Daria wears it to perfection. The shoot was at some county fairground in New Jersey. Daria and Bruce’s beautiful boys romp around carousels and teacup rides looking utterly and effortlessly chic. You want to be her so bad.

--

Welcome to America Terry Tsiolis on the best American fashion. Styling by Anastasia Barbieri. 12 pages.

Terry Tsiolis has really risen in the ranks and it was magazines like V that gave him his first big break. He’s such an amazing photographer and this story is stunning. It makes you feel like American fashion is actually worth looking at. Tons of models featured, including: Mona Johannesson, Romina Lanaro, Evandro Soldati, Anja Rubik, Jessica Stam, Ben Vescovi, Doutzen, Solange, Sessilee, Iselin, Vlada, Missy Rayder, Jeisa, and Julia Stegner.

--

Gang Related Group fashion story by Luciana Val & Franco Musso. Styling by Charlotte Stockdale. 10 pages.

Another promising young talent is Luciana and Franco. I’ve seen their work in Numero and previously in V as well. I love their cutesy, innocent style, which has really become their signature. This is a sweet story, featuring some standout new girls: Victoria Sekrier, Portia Freeman, Russlana Korshukova, Mae Woods, and Darya Balukhtina. About 10 girls in all.

--

Loud and In Tents Super cool runway photography by Simon Procter. 10 pages.

Looks like this Procter guy installs cameras above the tents of fashion shows and photographs the wild scenes going on underneath. You get an all encompassing bird’s eye view of the shows. You can see the models and where everyone is sitting. Such a basic idea but executed so well. Makes you think “Why didn’t I think of that!” Shows featured: Armani, Prada, McQueen, Lagerfeld Gallery, Chanel, Dior Homme, Stella McCartney, Dior, Gaultier, and Y-3.

--

Also in the issue is a beautiful portrait of Dolce & Gabbana by Inez & Vinoodh, and stories on the SXSW music festival, Joaquin Phoenix, Amanda de Cadenet, and Elton John.

VERDICT

A

Easily the best issue of V I’ve seen all year, and perhaps the most beautiful cover I’ve seen all year, too. The Daria story is landmark and must be seen. Glen Luchford and Terry Tsiolis are also perfect. Great issue.[/size][/font]

I LOOOVE that Gang-Related shoot, some the best styling Ive seen all year! Anybody know anything about the stylist Charlotte Stockdale?

CitraBenzoet said:
man i hope barnes and nobel decides not to be stupid this month..and actually gets this issue.. i need ot have a serious word with the person in charge of getting the magazines

LOL, just letting you know, they order the magazines based on demand. Plus, sometimes it could just be sold out, a la the W special on Angelina/Brad - that disappeared off the shelf at my store a day after it was put out, and we sold out of that issue reallly quickly. I couldn't even find a copy in my store, but I saw it at Longs Drugs, ironically. Haha.

I flipped trough it but now going surely to buy it :heart:

Does anyone have the Daria pictures from inside..?

oh. i'm sure they're in her thread...I hope. :smile:

Can someone scan the Guinevere ed?thanks

^ 8 months late but better than nothing I suppose :P Hope no one minds my bumping up this old thread to post some HQ images :flower:

"First Look At Fall"
ph. Glen Luchford
Styling: Ana Steiner
sources: a+c, scanned by me

I was bored so I decided to do these as well :flower:

"Welcome to America"
ph. Terry Tsiolis
styling: Anastasia Barbieri
scanned by me

Thanks Original sin for your scans!! Would you mind scanning the Daria ed as well?

It was scanned ages ago I think :lol: Here you go :flower:

Cover + "V :heart: Daria"
ph. Bruce Weber
source: daria.flirtatious.org

thank god you were bored :lol:.Thanks ! :wink:

Was it scanned before? I've been looking for it for ages, so thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Thanks, OriginalSin for the scans! Daria's is beautiful. ^_^

:woot::woot::woot: Thanks for those amazing scans, OriginalSin!!! :flower: Wish I could give you more karma.. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->