Valentine Fillol Cordier

New York, New York party

5476276287_d1e700056e_b.jpg

grandlifenyc.com

Valentine Fillol Cordier attends the flagship store launch for Yohji Yamamoyo & adidas Y-3 collection on March 10, 2011 in London, England.

2ezgthc.jpg
14ul6c5.jpg

Valentine Fillol-Cordier attends The Surrealist Ball in aid of NSPCC, hosted by Dasha Zhukova, editor of Harper's Bazaar Lucy Yeomans and Harry Blain at The Banqueting House on March 17, 2011 in London, England.

2a5jbyv.jpg

gettyimages.com

We Chat To Rika's Designer!

There's just something about cool, Swedish labels that make us not only want to wear them but live in their world too! Rika is one of them and luckily for us, its designer Ulrika Lundgren, has created a just-as-cool magazine, perfect for daydreaming about being a Rika girl. Who exactly is the Rika girl? We caught up with Ulrika right after the party in Paris to celebrate the magazine's just-released 4th issue, to find out.

Ulrika Lundgren:Valentine is just such a cool cat. Busy as a creative consultant, stylist, dj and model. she has such a different look and style then the other girls. We put Valentine in collaboration with Ami Sioux who shot her in a very Beat Generation-inspired story. I like the dialogue with my teams instead of just telling them what to do. Valentine is just magical!

RIKAMAG1.jpg
graziadaily

there are a lot more pics of her on gettyimages in some really great outfits but they never work for me on tfs therefore i can't post them :(
valentine-fillol-cordier_b.jpg

elleuk.com

This thread really needs help.
Valentine has the best offbeat style.
(callmellies, gettyimages)

Attachments

• tumblr_lk89lxTs3T1qfe839o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_lk89lxTs3T1qfe839o1_400.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 22
  • tumblr_lk0g960b4E1qd7lnqo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lk0g960b4E1qd7lnqo1_500.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 25
her Stella Artois advert is playing quite alot on UK tv at the moment. she looks hot!

Grazia Daily chats to Valentine Fillol-Cordier!

main2444.jpg

If there's one lady we look to again and again for a dose of effortless Parisian chic, it's Valentine Fillol-Cordier. The multi-talented model, stylist, muse and DJ has starred in campaigns for Benetton, graced the world's catwalks for the past ten – yes, TEN! – seasons and has even lent her talents to creatively consulting Charles Anastase's whimsical, often wacky, shows. What's more, as a self-confessed amalgamation of 'Coco Chanel's best friend and Kurt Cobain's little sister' (oh yes), Valentine's eclectic style makes her a seriously cool cat, not least because of a wardrobe stuffed with vintage finds. So when Grazia Daily heard the London-based beauty has teamed up with Vodafone VIP to assist F1 drivers Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button in their challenge to style a high-end fashion shoot, we jumped at the chance to grill V-F-C on her festival tips, what she'd dress K-Midd in, and why she likes to dress like a er, woodcutter…

Thanks for taking time to chat with us on this sunny day. Are you having a nice Friday?
I'm having a very relaxed one, thanks. My boyfriend's just gone to Glastonbury so I'm home alone.

Are you not going with him?
Not this year but I've been in the past. In fact, I once played at Glastonbury when I was the backing singer for a band called Big Pink. It's a nice story to tell the grandkids!

So being a Glasto expert, can you give us your top festival tip?
Layer up! It can be freezing at night so you need as many layers as possible. Wellies are essential too.

What's your perfect festival outfit? Wellies and denim cut-offs?
I don't like my thighs – when I look down, they look massive! - so I prefer to keep it casual in jeans with long-sleeve T-shirts. I dress it up with one statement piece of jewellery like a colourful ring or pretty chain. Otherwise, I prefer the boyish, practical look because it's ridiculous to dress up at a festival. I grew up near a forest in France so that 'woodcutter' style has clearly sunk in!

What's on your fashion lust-list?
Prada bags are my obsession, although I don't think my bank account's too happy about that! I recently brought an enormous canvas Prada bag that I take everywhere. They're so easy, chic but casual, and although they're designer, they're still affordable. The next one I want is this printed nylon tote with a heart motif [above]. It'd be perfect for summer…

And what's your can't-live-without fashion item for every day?
Flats. Unless I'm going out for a special occasion, I like to be simple and comfortable.

What do you make of the masculine trend that's been cropping up on red carpets everywhere?
I think, FINALLY! I'm glad women are realising it's not bad to go the masculine route. You don't have to show loads of skin or wear a short dress to be stylish. The furthest I'd go to be sexy is a low neckline, but never anything too revealing. Ultimately, I'd rather look under-dressed than overdone.

We can see that from the behind-the-scenes pictures from your shoot with Vodafone. You look smart but relaxed in your blazer and buttoned-up white shirt [above]...
The jacket I'm wearing is by Stella McCartney, which my boyfriend brought for me. I'd originally tried it on in Selfridges but because of the price tag, I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I was saying to him, 'why do I do this to myself? It's just painful because I can't have it!' Then, last Christmas, I opened my present and there it was.

v17a.jpg
v26u.jpg
v33m.jpg

Wow, he did well! So tell us about your project with Vodafone…
Jenson and Lewis were given the task to style, direct and photograph a fashion shoot and I was on hand to guide them. Everything was being filmed so that must've been odd for them – it was like being in a reality TV show!

We love those glittery pink shoes.
Yes, they're brilliant. They're by Natacha Marro who creates the footwear for Charles Anastase's show and has worked with Lady Gaga. I've tried them on myself and despite being heel-less, they're actually fine to walk in. The brown wedge boots are also by Natacha - I wear them with flares to add some height without being too over-dressed.

Will you be going to Formula 1? And what would be your ideal racing day outfit?
I'm not going this year but I would love to at some point. As for an outfit, I'd just wear my standard jeans and flats.

Not a hat or fascinator like Kate Middleton?
No thanks! I think Kate has so much potential style-wise but she needs to wear something more modern and much younger, like a cute straw hat and quirky prints. I'd love to dress her in denim too.

21183.jpg

Is there anyone else you'd like to style?
Mila Kunis is really sexy. I've loved her ever since she was in That 70's Show and although I don't know much about her current style, she's got such a pretty face and gorgeous big eyes.

We can see it now: one week, the F1 boys; next week, Hollywood heavyweights. Go, Valentine, go!

by Jessica Vince graziadaily.co.uk

video from the shoot. shes only really in it for the first 30-odd seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->