Valentino Haute Couture S/S 2022 Paris

It’s horrible.

Once again, here’s a designer who is only thinking of the 2-D image. These are not clothes that have been treated with care. Everything is a first draft.

If you want to see real, actual, considered Couture…go look back on his Spring 2017 Couture collection.

It’s horrible.

Once again, here’s a designer who is only thinking of the 2-D image. These are not clothes that have been treated with care. Everything is a first draft.

If you want to see real, actual, considered Couture…go look back on his Spring 2017 Couture collection.

You took the words out of my mouth. It looks like a tech flat.

His shows have made me appreciate Valentino himself and really highlights how talented, multi-dimensional, and master at design and beauty he was.

Valentino's glamour was over the top but felt effortless while some of this looks tortured.

Can we get a new color palette. There is soooo much to work from within the Valentino archives and he continues to put out the same collection.

What a flop. I like the red jacket with the bulbous flower appliqué though

I think it's time to make room for new brands in the hc world. We're talking about Paris couture week, and shouldn't the designs showcased here be creative, innovative and on display for a purpose? At least something to talk about. Looking at the fashion shows and I felt like I was looking for an evening dress in a cheap boutique.

A directionless and stale collection with the usual taffeta dresses. What bothers me most its attempt to be inclusive when in fact haute couture is meant to exclusive.

So, only tall thin women are meant to wear couture?

Couture is made to measure, so in a way, he is actually presenting a more realistic vision of couture by including the different types of customers Valentino has.

Also...

Tough crowd.

^^The issue is that these days...the "inclusivity" is the be all end all and is meant to excuse all matter of bad design and construction.

Collection sucks? Who cares...the cast was DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE (TM). And that's what really counts!

Perhaps, but how many reviews these days actually call out the designs? They write fluff, but you can't fault a designer for being inclusive. I mean, to put someone down for that and speak of things needing to remain absolutely exclusive is how things will remain stuck in the past. Dare I say, bad taste, even. I'm able to separate the two issues.

I feel like Valentino right now is having an identity crisis. PPP doesn't know how to create cohesion for the brand, and with each season with both rtw and couture. His rtw is so try hard to chase after the current generation, while his couture his catered for the original Valentino clients. It's create a weird paradox image for the brand.

The cast doesn't work for the show, it's feel insincere. If he wants to elevated or make a statement, he should cast the entire line-up with mature women, instead of all these young girls.

The only decent thing is the menswear, it's sophisticated and less trying to be cool like his men rtw.

The women is unimaginative, it's always the same technique, same voluminous silhouettes. The last 5 dresses are really giving mother of the bride vibe.

I wish that the Valentino and Valentino couture has different aesthetics. Missing the days of the sexy and glamorous days of Valentino Garavani

A directionless and stale collection with the usual taffeta dresses. What bothers me most its attempt to be inclusive when in fact haute couture is meant to exclusive.
But he's only being inclusive to POC and women of different ages.

A BOLD IDEA BUT TIMID EXECUTION.
Most of these “plus-sized” models still stuck to the hourglass silhouettes so really not that much more of a challenge to fit, just a bit more curvy than your typical runway model. I wish he’d gone all the way and really challenged himself, dug deeper.

This thread is being justifiably tough on him because no one forced him to take such a stance so he needed to bring it.

What I find appealing are the monochromatic looks that are like broad brushstrokes. A chic simplicity.

All in all, he did make a valid point but did not follow through. Let’s hope that he really embraces the flesh and its possibilities next time. Let’s get anatomical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->