Valentino Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

There is just this whole air I am getting from that little video of the show - like it is from some poorly acted feel-good film where the main character gets exactly what they always dreamed of.
It's just tacky, what with the live orchestra and the paintings and Garavani sat in the front row pouting.

I wish Mr Garavani would take the dollar signs out of his eyes and start to realise that what happens with his house right now will lead to destroy the things he has done in his remarkable career and leave him nothing more than a joke.
It makes me so sick. I wish I could call this man and tell him how he broke my little fashion heart.
sorry, being melodramatic...

There is just this whole air I am getting from that little video of the show - like it is from some poorly acted feel-good film where the main character gets exactly what they always dreamed of.
It's just tacky, what with the live orchestra and the paintings and Garavani sat in the front row pouting.

:lol:i was thinking just that

I find it sad that, ultimately, this poor excuse for Valentino HC will sell simply because they think it's Valentino again.

No.

I love Cathy Horyn.

The video makes me sick!!!
:sick:
I hate the little celebration they're having backstage with the new designers and the sewers...this whole thing looks so scripted...'you will all have huge smiles on your faces because Alessandra, the evil witch, is finally gone, and Valentino has returned! Hooray for beauty!'...blah, blah, blah....

I especially hate Valentino's reaction at the end...CRYING?!?!? Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?:shock:

This whole situation is both heartbreaking and laughable!

I completely agree, he is a pompous old fool- having his ego stroked with the comforting sight of his old "genius" cough*tackiness*cough must have been gratifying.

Completely disrespectful and rather embarrasing; especially considering the trash-tastic collection on the catwalk.

I would love to know what did Anna Wintour think about the collection and the whole situation.

she was never too close to valentino, was she?
i remember someone saying she supported alessandra's work.

I think those are tears of depressed rage. That video is very sickening to me as well-- I don't even know what to say other than blah. :sick:

she was never too close to valentino, was she?
i remember someone saying she supported alessandra's work.

Yeah, that's what I knew. But know with the two new designers... I can asume she didn't quite like this haha, but who knows really?

yes it was beautifully dowdy and frumpy but not creatively breathtaking the old fool doesn't seem to know that he can't take it with him

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, the pieces looked slightly better with movements from the video. But that's about it.
Nothing can deny the fact of their non-creativeness from the accessories designers.

I feel entirely content in all this argumentative discourse because not ONCE before have I read a negative or scornful review of a Valentino collection; couture or otherwise.

It seemed like he was untouchable because of his 'legendary status'. Now with his highness gone, it seems everyone is more than willing to find faults with the Valentino aesthetic, the Valentino empire and just anything Valentino in general. This long oppressed honesty is finally becoming manifest in reviews.

Besides, I see minimal Couture detailing in this collection. And where the Haute Couture elements are present, they are executed in such a tacky and amateurish way ie. the embroidered coats/jackets

Without Valentino at the reigns, I start to question what relevance the Valentino House has in contemporary society/fashion? I mean, I admire his classicism but these designers are not taking that classicism anywhere except back into the past.

And then you're left with the burning ultimatum; would a woman prefer to buy a vintage piece from Valentino (designed by the man himself) or would she prefer to buy a new piece (designed by two obnoxious copycat accessories designers)? :innocent:

And then you're left with the burning ultimatum; would a woman prefer to buy a vintage piece from Valentino (designed by the man himself) or would she prefer to buy a new piece (designed by two obnoxious copycat accessories designers)? :innocent:

I'd definitely go for the vintage!

The new duo is not refreshing at all. Bring Alessandra back! (although it sounds wayyy impossible..)

Thank you so much for posting the video.

I'm trying my hardest to stay awake at this godly hour but this bores me to death. I'm trying to be as objective as I can, as I loved Alessandra from the very start, when everyone was hating her, but how can I, when a butched up collection pops up and the grand master himself is loving it.

If this is couture, then let me guess, ready-to-wear would consist of LRDs(little red dresses) with sequined fabrics ala Topshop?

Maybe I'm being harsh, so I'm giving their fall/winter collection another chance.

Excuse me while I cry myself a river of blood...I always liked Valentino under Alessandra, now, not so much.

I don't know why those poor designers felt the need to be so up Val's a$$....he's clearly far enough up his own as it is. It's just overkill really.

And I must give credit where credit is due...they managed the near impossible feat of making organza look clunky with that mauve tiered concoction. That couldn't have been easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->