Valentino Haute Couture S/S 2022 Paris

Supposedly the next Valentino show will feature "plus-size" mens models. Looks like they are paying attention to the commentary and observations that only female body diversity is celebrated in fashion at the moment and how wrong that is. Kudos to Valentino if they go ahead with the casting of a more diverse male line-up.
The real feat for them will be to have plus size models for RTW.
Here, the cast wasn’t at it best advantage because the collection was weak.

For me a real commentary on sizing should be on the RTW because it involves a commitment in production.

Big guys who have the money already have the option of made to measure/made to order.

The real feat for them will be to have plus size models for RTW.
Here, the cast wasn’t at it best advantage because the collection was weak.

For me a real commentary on sizing should be on the RTW because it involves a commitment in production.

Big guys who have the money already have the option of made to measure/made to order.

I believe the casting will be for the forthcoming Mens/Womens combined RTW show in Paris next month. Will be interesting if they go through with it!

I can´t see any sense of refinement here, these clothes (even the evening gowns) look banal.

Somehow this feels like he made the first "toiles" in expensive fabrics...and he refused to adapt and evolve each garment from that first "toile".

Great to see Kristen McMenamy and Hannelore Knuts again!

My favourite Valentino collection is F/W 98-99. It oozes sophistication and refinement, while being relaxed at the same time:

one of the best couture shows ever still fresh to this day

one of the best couture shows ever still fresh to this day
Yes...it really is. Pure Couture.

Back when Couture catered to those who bought it.

Of course, there was the era of Couture that was all about spectacle, and that, in a way, still spoke to the Couture client - the extravagance and the drama. Although, it began to speak to more of a celebrity attitude and less directly to the lady who lunched.

Now, who is Couture speaking to? As Phuel says, "the Kidz?" "The Kidz" are not Couture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->