Valentino Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

Thanks for the video dior_couture1245, it totally confirmed that the clothes were dowdy and tired as hell. There was absolutely zero life or glamour in that collection.

I'd like to know which look the audience applauded (as I'm guessing the music isn't in sync with the video).

I love the woman breath-freshening near Garavani!

sure this will sell. fact is just that those old ladies who prefer this Valentino over Fachinetti's approach will not be around for long anymore nor do i think that they want to buy something that looks similar to what they have in their closet already. we'll see what happens then....

Some of the fits are so unflattering, particularly the pleated dresses.

the collection can only be described as "old" and "moth like" something dug up from a woman's grandmother's closet. valentino executives needs to repent and hire back alessandra at quadruple the price she was paid to erase these nasty sins.

It looks... nice. I can't say its terrible because its not , it's just that it's not really anything new; sure, they've stuck to the Valentino archives this time, but it feels as if they've recycled old dresses, stuck a few more extra details onto them or changed the colour. I didn't really see what was wrong with Alessandra's designs (in fact I liked most of them quite a bit); her designs were more soft, elegant feminine than the more... sharp and slighty more rigid we see here. I'm still a bit sad that they dismissed her so quickly :(

^ :lol: you are absolutely furious aren't you? ive been reading all your comments in this thread :lol:

classic valentino. i think that ppl have to give them a break! it's hard to follow valentino garavani and no one will ever be like him. i think it was better that they kept it classic and then they can work on being innovative with all their other collections. i think it was a job well done.

I think I have to take back this statement. After watching their interview...I have to say they seem like incredibly talentless idiots.
Oh I dunno. I think they just seem like your run of the mill, garden variety sycophants.

Not a fan of Valentino myself, but I must say this collection reflects the very essence of Valentino couture........ Of course not originality whatsoever, straight to the source.

Look what happened last time someone got a bit creative at the house. :innocent:

classic valentino. i think that ppl have to give them a break! it's hard to follow valentino garavani and no one will ever be like him. i think it was better that they kept it classic and then they can work on being innovative with all their other collections. i think it was a job well done.

For me it's not so much that it's a re-tread of Valentino, that was expected, but that it's clumsily done couture on its own never mind bothering to put it beside the other big names.

I started to look at them in HQ and could NOT get past the second coat: those damn hubcap roses were too, too painful to examine. I may never have really like much of Valentino couture for some time but I could never fault the craftsmanship.

vogue.co.uk

Be honest. Here's this dress on Karlie that sent me into gales of disbelieving laughter.

fashionlogie

Has Valentino ever put out anything this boring and prom-like? Who's going to pay tens of thousands of dollars for that? I don't care if they got monk children from the hills to make the cloth stitch by stitch, it's a cheap dress for couture. Marchesa puts out better dresses in RTW.

^ To me, that's the biggest flaw with this collection, not the fact that it's entire purpose seems to be just to worship at the Maestro's alter. The craftsmanship is downright appalling in some instances, like that green gown you posted. That draping looks messy and heavy-handed, two things that one should never be able to call a couture garment. Then the fact that it is, like you very rightly said, prom-like only makes it worse.

the weaving part of that emerald dress is probably inspired by their famous couture bag :innocent: that's my initial dejavu. it really looks too simple for couture, there are so many rtw gowns that look more exquisite/expensive than that...

Oh I dunno. I think they just seem like your run of the mill, garden variety sycophants.
That, too!

I realized that my post made it sound like I didn't think they were incredibly talentless idiots until after I saw the video...which is totally not true...I could tell that from the very first pictures we saw of the collection!:lol:

This looks so amateur. If you want to copy the archives, please at least copy them with better craftmanship. (Or should I say it this way, Mr Valentino, if you want them to copy your work, please make sure they copy them nicely.)

This is so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->