Vanessa Traina

Personally I love it! I actually think it suits her perfectly, the colours and all.

In #21, is that a Prada Fall '02 dress over that black turtleneck??

Pic for reference:

100062250.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
NEW YORK - JANUARY 20: Vanessa Traina attends the 'Sophomore Spring 2010 Lookbook' short film premiere party at The Box on January 20, 2010 in New York City.

Gettyimages.com

There's a new video on style.com about the Chanel beauty ambassadors in which Vanessa briefly appears. Click here to watch it.

She looks so good. I loved her coat:heart: They all look great actually.

amazing coat at Chanel:woot:
and the sister alltogether, beautiful family:heart:

New Nessie pics!!

Tonight I saw some brand new and stunning pictures of Vanessa Traina! They're in the latest INTERVIEW magazine in the first couple pages.
It's 1 page and many tiny pics.
If anyone knows where I can find these larger, please let me know! They're beautiful.

Jalouse April '10 Interview Translation

Please excuse any translation errors; I did my best!

Certain interiors say a lot about their owners. At Vanessa Traina’s place, they define what it means to be an it-girl: model, stylist, socialite and fashion fan.

Points of note?
I was born in California, in 1985, and I sis my studies over there. I have a diploma in art history.

And now, where do you live?
In New York, in the West Village, but I also spend a lot of my time in my parents’ Parisian apartment, in the 16th arrondissement.

Who are your parents?
My mother is the writer Danielle Steel (known worldwide for her ‘drama’ novels) and my father, John, is a businessman.

What was your style since childhood?
Up until my teenage years, I wore my school uniform but I tended to add something personal to mark my identity, a sort of twist.

Your first fashion memories?
With my sister, we loved looking at fashion magazines in my mother’s study, or helping her with her fittings. I remember her, wearing couture for dinner or to go to parties.

As a child, was it true that you dreamed of becoming a fashion designer?
Yes, since forever. And today, I collaborate with one of them.

For your job, do you go to shows?
To those in Milan and New York, and I’ve also come to enjoy those in Paris.

Your style?
Difficult to define, I wear that which I like without thinking about what is in fashion (some people describe the style as “edgy”- Editor’s Note).

During the last fashion week, did you pick out anyone?
Joseph Altuzarra (he did apprenticeships with Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler). He’s one of my friends and I find him very talented. At only 25 years old, he has an eye for everything, for the finishing to the cut and I am very excited by his evolution. I came to see his last winter 2010 collection and it was by far the most forward and successful since his debut two years ago.

And who do you always wear?
Nicholas Ghesquiere for Balenciaga.

Your looks for summer?
Mostly the work of those two (above-mentioned) designers, but also the Celine collection by Phoebe Philo.

Your accessories that are close to your heart?
The PSI bag by Proenza Schouler (double ribbed and handle satchel) and the new Celine, ultra geometric, embellished with a simple gold metal buckle, and those by Balenciaga, which I’ve always loved. For shoes, I have a weakness for Ann Demeulemeester. As to jewellery, I adore the XXL rings by Gaia Repossi.

Your perfume?
Those by Serge Lutens. Otherwise, for during the day, I wear a light lotion by Darphin.

The music that runs through your head?
Radiohead’s.

The most beautiful meeting of you life?
My boyfriend, Chad Muska, at a skate park.

Your cult films?
Edward Scissorhands (Tim Burton), Into The Wild (Sean Penn), The Talented Mr Ripley (Anthony Minghella) and Great Expectations (Alfonso Cuaron).

Your favourite books (with a writer mother!)?
I’ve read all my mother’s books...before publication. I really liked The Beaufil Fall but my preferred ones are Bright Shiny Morning (James Frey) and The Time Traveller’s Wife (Audrey Niffenegger). I have little time for reading but I take advantage of the plane to catch up.

Do you read blogs?
www.jakandjil.com and www.garancedore.fr

And online shopping?
On www.ebay.com, like everyone.

Where do you go for shopping in Europe?
Corso Como in Milan and Maria Luisa in Paris.

Your New York address book?
...[see scans]...

thank you so much for all of the pics and the interviews (and translation, it's really good :smile:).
:smile:

Eeek - can't wait to see her in Celine! No one has really been photographed in the spring collection yet. I wonder which pieces she chose...

thanks for translating and scanning the piece in jalouse rox_yr_sox...
she has a degree in art history? where did she go to college?

her hair kills me every time...:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->