Vanity Fair August 2016 : Margot Robbie by Patrick Demarchelier

What a moron!

giphy.gif

giphy

sexy though the extreme text makes it look like a movie porter which was intentional I guess

Subscription copy in hand... the UK version comes with a jewellery supplement that's bigger than the main issue, and has Suki Waterhouse on the cover, kinda looking OK, except one of her false eyelashes looks a little wonky on the inside corner, and whenever I see that, I always want to reach into the picture and push it back into place.

Anyhow, this is a slim issue, 122 pgs, with a gatefold inside cover of Boodles with Sophie Dahl, back cover is Dior handbags with Marion C. There's 2 pgs Vuitton, 2 pg Chanel with Cara, 2 pgs Prada, 1 pg Celine, and that's it for new season ads. The rest are the same old campaigns for watches and make-up.

The article about magazine editors is a swizz, it's a two-and-a-half page mention of some books coming out about (or by) editors, then a page of Joanna Lumley, and a look at young people selling themselves to sugar daddies. Then the lovely Margot, but a lot of those shots you saw posted come in scrapbook form, with three images on the same page. Then an article about guns, some more anti-Trump sentiment, another scandal at an elite school, Bill Cosby, Pitbull's empire, and a posh English house.

God she is on another level of beauty for me (albeit of a somewhat conventional format) and Demarchelier's images capture this with incredible clarity here.

Subscription copy in hand... the UK version comes with a jewellery supplement that's bigger than the main issue, and has Suki Waterhouse on the cover, kinda looking OK, except one of her false eyelashes looks a little wonky on the inside corner, and whenever I see that, I always want to reach into the picture and push it back into place.

Anyhow, this is a slim issue, 122 pgs, with a gatefold inside cover of Boodles with Sophie Dahl, back cover is Dior handbags with Marion C. There's 2 pgs Vuitton, 2 pg Chanel with Cara, 2 pgs Prada, 1 pg Celine, and that's it for new season ads. The rest are the same old campaigns for watches and make-up.

The article about magazine editors is a swizz, it's a two-and-a-half page mention of some books coming out about (or by) editors, then a page of Joanna Lumley, and a look at young people selling themselves to sugar daddies. Then the lovely Margot, but a lot of those shots you saw posted come in scrapbook form, with three images on the same page. Then an article about guns, some more anti-Trump sentiment, another scandal at an elite school, Bill Cosby, Pitbull's empire, and a posh English house.

Thanks ever so much for the detailed review!!! Can you be so kind as to post a snap of the new Chanel ad? We've been waiting in anticipation for it.
I'm very glad to hear Sophie Dahl's name again, will certainly look out for that once I get my newsstand issue.
The timing of the gun article couldn't have been more apt, what with the recent development. Cannot stand Piers Morgan and the usual crusty old codger drivel he normally spews, but his relentless campaigning of the issue commendable.

Margot's feature looks great, Demarchelier really knows how to capture women for this magazine. The 2nd shot and the one with the straw hat could've made a better cover though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, most actors have enough self respect to not pose half naked. Nobody's is forcing these. Actresses to get naked. I'm sure Julia Roberts would decline the offer.

I'm sorry, but what has this to do with self respect? Are you really saying that a woman who poses in a bikini has little self respect? That is just absolute nonsense. And don't get me started on male actors, there are actually A LOT of them who use their bodies in photoshoots. And there is nothing wrong with that. The problem I usually have with Vanity Fair, however, is that it's usually so different for man or woman on their covers. Like previously mentioned - the man are always fully covered and the woman are barely covered. Remember that Jimmy Fallon cover - him in a suit and three barely dressed woman beside him. Well that's a problem in my eyes.

Going back to this cover though, and I don't have a problem with this one - it's just absolutely stunning :heart: Margot looks so fresh and summery. There is nothing revealing or 'sex' about it, just a beautiful summer cover. LOVE it and her.

[Piece Of Me];13664961 said:
...him in a suit and three barely dressed woman beside him.

It was two women, and they were top models Doutzen Kroes and Alessandra Ambrosio.

Sorry, I'm being facetious. :wink:

Can you be so kind as to post a snap of the new Chanel ad? We've been waiting in anticipation for it.

Not really worth waiting for, but this is what's inside Vanity Fair, feel free to post it anywhere (my crappy snap:(

Could you please post Céline too? Thank you for the review

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->