Vanity Fair June 2015 : Star Wars Cast by Annie Leibovitz

Looks more like Empire or another movie magazine to me. Not the best composition and art direction either - it looks too cluttered. They shouldve left the black guy out, one can hardly see him in this shot. Daisy is the only one who stands out here Overall this shot doesnt create any anticipation and seem strictly for fanboys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fangirling big time over here :D
I wish the layout was simpler and that Oscar Isaac was also featured but still very happy over this. Daisy looks so much like a young Carrie and Natalie, is that a hint? :P

As a huge Star Wars fan I got really really really exited when I saw the title on the thread but I don't like the cover at all. The "Star Wars" is way to big, it's taking all the cover...

As a huge Star Wars fan I got really really really exited when I saw the title on the thread but I don't like the cover at all. The "Star Wars" is way to big, it's taking all the cover...

Haha, I think the massive 'Star Wars' sprawled across the cover are trying to court people like myself who dont really follow the films, and would be baffled at these odd cover stars. I only noticed Daisy because she's British, and Harrison of course. But that bear, or Alf thing? And the other guy? Wouldnt be able to join the dots if it wasnt for the coverlines. Once again, like Tigerrouge said, wish they'd sit up straight! Lol.

Don't start me. Maybe it's a gatefold cover, so the image will become balanced by the addition of more people on the right-hand side.

Such a huge possibility for Annie to impress the fashion crowd with her great sci-fi taste and we get this boring and lifeless cover... nonetheless, as a Star Wars geek, I feel curious for more images.

Horrible, really bad image to use for the cover!! It doesn't work!

Same ol' Leibovitz cover, no creativity or substance to it.

Not sure what some of you are expecting from Annie's 4th or so Star Wars cover for VF but i think it looks great. And Finn aka "the black guy" name is John Boyega who has a lead role in the new film. But I can't believe anyone older than a Nintendo wouldn't know who Chewbacca is smh.

Haha, I think the massive 'Star Wars' sprawled across the cover are trying to court people like myself who dont really follow the films, and would be baffled at these odd cover stars. I only noticed Daisy because she's British, and Harrison of course. But that bear, or Alf thing? And the other guy? Wouldnt be able to join the dots if it wasnt for the coverlines. Once again, like Tigerrouge said, wish they'd sit up straight! Lol.

Lol I don't follow Star Wars either, but even I know that's Chewbacca! He's more famous than alf!! Haha

Looks more like Empire or another movie magazine to me.
Empire doesn't really do covers like this any more. Reminds me of Premiere magazine (if that still exists?).

Too cluttered with the giant text.

I feel sorry for John Boyega who's getting pushed off the edge of the page or possibly elbowed in the face. Even Harrison's kinda getting lost. Good pic of Daisy Ridley though (and Chewbacca, if you're into that).

Regardless, it will sell.

Empire doesn't really do covers like this any more. Reminds me of Premiere magazine (if that still exists?).

Too cluttered with the giant text.

I feel sorry for John Boyega who's getting pushed off the edge of the page or possibly elbowed in the face. Even Harrison's kinda getting lost. Good pic of Daisy Ridley though (and Chewbacca, if you're into that).

Regardless, it will sell.

My appalling ignorance is proof that I just dont follow these things, lol. Honestly, it goes right over my head like a concorde. Btw Premiere is now defunct. They suffered a slow and painful death. So I guess GivenchyHomme is right - it's more in the vein of Entertainment Weekly.

They shouldve left the black guy out, .

he's the lead character in this film, so no, they shouldn't have.
it's actually weird that he's so far out of the center, but i guess it's a crowded cover anyway.
Im excited about the supposed exclusive photos.
And vanity fair's been doing star wars covers ever since EP1 (and maybe even with the original trilogy, idk). It's more than film-magazine worthy, it's one of the biggest pop-culture events of the year.

My appalling ignorance is proof that I just dont follow these things, lol.
Just a warning if you're not into it. By Christmas you're not gonna be able to escape this thing.

What a huge let down from last month's superb cover. The potential wasted bothers me :( One of the most anticipated movies and you deliver this..

The text layout bothers me also. Too big and too cluttered. It swallowed the entire cast.

R2-D2 looks fat and ugly

It's not R2 though! It's BB8 and he's adorable! Probably looks a little chubby because he has a round ball for a body as oppose to R2 more slender cylinder shape. Gosh I think I'm a bigger nerd than I imagined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonHansen100
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->