Vanity Fair June 2015 : Star Wars Cast by Annie Leibovitz

Are we allowed to talk about a robot's weight? ;P
BB8's technology is amazing, it's an actual two part moving robot! he's this generation's R2.

Seriously though, are you guys trolling? because no matter how young you are I'd think that Star Wars is inmmersed in pop culture enough for everyone to know the basic characters without the need of having ever seen the movies or being a nerd.

Last edited by a moderator:
R2-D2 looks fat and ugly

:lol:

Are we allowed to talk about a robot's weight? ;P
BB8's technology is amazing, it's an actual two part moving robot! he's this generation's R2.

Seriously though, are you guys trolling? because no matter how young you are I'd think that Star Wars is inmmersed in pop culture enough for everyone to know the basic characters without the need of having ever seen the movies or being a nerd.

Now admittedly as a Mad magazine reader, I cannot keep track of how many issues and features I've had to skip because it focused on Star Wars. I vaguely recall a Vogue feature in the mid 90's with Audrey Marnay in costume (she must've been in the movie as well?), and Rodarte referenced to the series for an entire runway collection. Costume parties are forever riddled with that ugly and menacing villain mask with glowing spear. But being exposed to fragments of a character, especially over such intermittent periods, doesn't constitute to knowing them. It's quite possible to be immune to this craze. Especially if you dont actually care for sci-fi, you know(the horror! :o).

Though I must add that all this chatter has piqued my interst to find out what's so special about these films.

behind the scenes of the photoshoot - they better include a fierce photo of adam driver in full costume. i'm so excited, i feel like a 8 years old

I thought the ed of Audrey Marnay in Star Wars costumes shot by Penn was brilliant! A great way to showcase/promote a film and use a top photographer and model (who was not in the movie - Audrey wore Natalie Portman's costumes.) If you haven't seen it look up "Star Wars Couture," that was the ed's name.

Oscar & Adam´s pics are the best, great to see them in costume :smile:
and this is Lupita´s only SW related pic, I wonder how the end result will be...

Why didn't they put Lupita on the cover???

Why didn't they put Lupita on the cover???

Lupita's roll isn't big in the upcoming episodes so to be honest I'm kind of glad she didn't get thrown on the cover anyways (she's already all over the place and to see her on this cover would make no sense)

Lupita's role, as evidenced by the video, is only motion capture / cgi (think lord of the ring's gollum). which means she has no costume etc as she doesnt physically appear in the film and would've been impossible to feature next to the others in character

I literally LOL at your assessments, Benn98! "Bear/ Alf-thing" and "glowing spear"... Awesome! I'm going to refer to Chewbacca as that bear/ Alf-thing from now on!

The Original Trilogy, particularly the first two, remain awe-inspiring. Return of the Jedi only had the final duel, the final space battle and that amazing speederbike chase but the story fell short. Even though I love love love the designs of The Phantom Menace, the Prequels are the worst films ever made-- with the tackiest designs in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sh*t, and that's not hyperbole. I'm sure there are those who are rolling their eyes at all this geeking...

This Sequels' designs looks like Star Wars Expended Universe to me. I hate it and find it all so derivative of the Original Trilogy's. If the rumored synopsis I've read on TheForce.net is close enough to the story they're going with, then I think it's pretty uneventful and very generic intro to a new SW. Star Wars is becoming the new Marvel Legends.

I don't understand why when they have a beautiful woman as Lupita only to have her play the role of a CG-character... At least we'll see Gwendoline Christie's beautiful face...

HQ Cover + Feature

vanityfair

The article stops in the middle of it on page 102. Where is page 103? I would like to read the rest of it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonHansen100
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->