Vanity Fair March 2016 : The Hollywood Issue by Annie Leibovitz

Diane Keaton looks ridiculous. Her clothing is awful, and it looks like she was photographed separately and then added into the photo. A mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great portrait, Cate B looks stunning. :wub:
But a bit of a funeral vibe with that much black.

Great cover, I like it when its all actresses. And they're of all ages too!

Charlotte Rampling can gtfo and what's the point of Diane Keaton?

So this is the February issue right? I still don't get their messed up calendar.

However, it's a decent Annie photograph. A touch of color wouldn't hurt. The all out black kind of died down the image. That's Viola no?

I thought JLaw was Kate Winslet...

Why is Lupita here? She wasn't in anything besides Star Wars. Same with Rachel Weisz, a role in the lesser seen The Lobster (means nothing, but heard nothing about her performance), and Youth.

Viola is a goddess.

Oh i'm here FOR Jane Fonda, who is NOT having it! Look at her face! LOVE HER!

Happy to see Gugu, but Brie would be my pick instead of Lawrence for the front center position. Otherwise, this is way too dark, and i like dark!

Great cover and love the cast. Diane Keaton ever the whimsical creature!

Diane Keaton's presence is confusing (what was she in??) but this is a good looking cover

I thought JLaw was Kate Winslet...

Why is Lupita here? She wasn't in anything besides Star Wars.

They're being forward thinking with their cover stars in addition to getting the people who are very buzzed about right now. Star Wars is on pace to be the biggest film of all time and Lupita is the most recognizable woman in the picture even though her part is CGI. She also has a big starring role in 2016 with Queen of Katwe and a part in the live action Jungle Book film which looks insane.

Rachel has five films slated for 2016, this year could also be big for her.

Diane Keaton has a big role in the forthcoming HBO miniseries, The Young Pope which should be fittingly controversial and talked about the way almost all HBO shows are.

I think the cover has a nice mix of Oscar nominees, Hollywood legends and people who are going to have an impact on cinema in 2016.

Yeah, why so serious. Everybody but Diane Keaton looks miserable.

Holy sh*t! This is what I live for. Most of my faves on one cover! Don't mess with the oldies - these veterans are really showing their clout here. The eternal goddess, La Rampling, Gugu, Lupita and Saiorse are the best dressed. Why are they mixing tv and movie actresses? Tv should get their own cover like in the past. Diane is the only one who looks out of place. I'd very much have preferred the lovely Daisy or Gwendoline instead of her. Saiorse could replace Jennifer, but it wouldn't happen because Graydon loves Jennifer.

Is this the final layout? I thought I'd see the second coming first before VF sends out a cover with no lines. A hint of gold wouldve lightened the darkness.

Would this likely be a multi cover issue.
All women on this issue and another with all men?
Seems always the same players, and so enthused to sit for ole Annie.

CaJc4sRWEAEd9B_.png:large

CaJp9Q9UcAE6IH4.jpg:large

CaJtmW4UYAEldTg.jpg:large

via VF Twitter

Would this likely be a multi cover issue.
All women on this issue and another with all men?
Seems always the same players, and so enthused to sit for ole Annie.

No, no men please! Lol. I'd hate to think who would make the cut (Johnny Depp, Channing Tatum, Adam Driver, Ben Stiller). It's a multi-cover either way, Hollywood has always been a foldout.

4 out of the 13 women are repeats, the rest all debut for the Hollywood issue......

As much as I think this is a huge step-up and a very great buzzy cover with a really nice cast, the photography and direction really don't justify their beauties at all. I just imagine this set shot by Patrick Demarchelier. That would be gloriously beautiful.

I'm so in love with this cover! You have no comers and then you have the legends. I think this time around they picked the right people. I mean I could replace a few, but overall it's really good.

The all black doesn't really bother me too much.

Loved! Even if it looks like a funeral :lol:
Viola looks fantastic :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->