Vanity Fair March 2023 : The Hollywood Issue by Steven Klein

I like it, there's glamour, there's nice dresses, there's a real fashion photographer, it gives me W magazine vibes, I would have preferred Annie Leibovitz, but I'm still happy with the result

I like the casting and I’m glad they choose Klein, as we see less and less of his work it seems. Cover isn’t terribly exciting but I hope the individual portraits and expanded casting inside make up for it.

Florence's nipples are aggressively attention grabbing....

I like the idea of Steven Klein, I love the idea of a Hollywood tableau of people hanging out in a dive bar.

But have they actually assembled the stars in one place, or will this be a CGI gathering of pieced-together people who were in different continents when the images for the cover were being shot?

I look forward to seeing the individual portraits inside the issue.

Pretty weird casting, where are the stars? Austin and Ana are really the ones that are in the awards season, the rest are from TV or irrelevant movies. And seriously how long are they gonna keep including Hoyeon in stuff like this? Squid Game feels like it came out a decade ago...

Clover itself is great tho, glad they brought some unapologetic glamour back.

Pretty weird casting, where are the stars? Austin and Ana are really the ones that are in the awards season, the rest are from TV or irrelevant movies. And seriously how long are they gonna keep including Hoyeon in stuff like this? Squid Game feels like it came out a decade ago..

I think the timing of this issue tends to create a bit of confusion, but this has always been the Hollywood issue, not specifically an Oscars issue or a best performances of the year issue. Generally I think they try and tap into the zeitgeist and often look at up-and-coming talents, so there is often crossover with Oscar nominees, but it's not a prerequisite. Most of these people have been in hit projects within the last year or coming up this year. Hoyeon has a miniseries from Alfonso Cuaron with Cate Blanchett coming out this year, for example. Aaron Taylor Johnson is expected to be announced as the new James Bond in March. Jonathan Majors is about to have an incredible year and I think he has a good chance of winning Best Actor next year. I think Jeremy won the SAG award and the Golden Globe for The Bear.

Selena's portrait is disastrous but I like or at least don't mind each of the others.

vanityfair.com

I like the photography. Quantumania releases this week so it works great for Majors to be on the main cover imo

Why does every man on the cover have terrible expressions? I don't hate the editorial, though (don't hate the concept either). Good to see Klein again!

Pretty weird casting, where are the stars? Austin and Ana are really the ones that are in the awards season, the rest are from TV or irrelevant movies. And seriously how long are they gonna keep including Hoyeon in stuff like this? Squid Game feels like it came out a decade ago...

Clover itself is great tho, glad they brought some unapologetic glamour back.
It's always been about the youn of the moment (not necessarily those who are in awards consideration... see 2003). The casting pretty much captures that?

Corrin was just cast in the new Deadpool and Robert Eggers films, Hoyeon is in Alfonso Cuaron's new Apple+ series, Majors' film Magazine Dreams was a Sundance hit and will most likely be nominated next year, Pugh's star continues to rise and will be in Oppenheimer and Dune, Palmer had a very successful year (and even won Best Supporting Actress at the New York Film Critics' Circle), Garner at this point had been cast as Madonna before the project eventually folded and Allen White was the star of one of last year's best shows and will next be seen in Sean Durkin's latest film.

I wasn’t expecting to like this cover as much as I do!! Because the last couple of Hollywood Issues have been very eh to me, but I like that they have young Hollywood this time around and Steven Klein was an amazing choice. His gritty, darkness and sexy photography works here.

Shocked at Selena's pic
What happened? Looks like they put her face in someone else's body

Love the portraits, especially Aaron Taylor-Johnson's. Love the dark mood. But I'm wondering what Selena Gomez is doing there (is it only because of Murders in the Building?)

I'll be looking forward to getting my issue to find out who owns the feet in the foreground.

I have to laugh at that shot. Her face looks crooked, as if the right side is melting. Lmao.
Theres a backstage shot on twitter that is quite shocking too
Looks nothing like her at all

Aaron Taylor Johnson is expected to be announced as the new James Bond in March.
NO! are we sure about this?? that’s disappointing. I like Aaron but I was expecting Rege.. he’s way more ‘James Bond’ than Aaron imo.

Selena is random as hell.. she’s one of the least exciting people in the industry and who knows why they felt compelled to even put her on the cover but frankly, credit where credit is due, if you’ve seen her latest tiktoks, you’ll see she actually looks great here..:ninja:

I like the concept, not the execution, but to be fair the "models" didn't exactly deliver either... if these are the best "bright stars shaping the future" they could come up with then God help Hollywood or whatever because it's about to get messy when the real A-listers disappear.

credit where credit is due, if you’ve seen her latest tiktoks, you’ll see she actually looks great here..:ninja:

Lmao you’re sick for this!

(but I agree she looks quite different now than how she appears on the cover)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theinmostnight
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->