Vanity Fair May 2007 : The Green Issue with Leonardo DiCaprio

Yes!

I'm so happy that Vanity Fair has decided to make this an annual thing. I think the cover is spectacular!

Whats the "Green issue" - has it got to do with the environment and what not?

^^ It does. Julia Roberts, George Clooney and some other people were on it last year.

yeah...

kuba01 said:
Whats the "Green issue" - has it got to do with the environment and what not?

Here is a description of LAST years green issue, from about.com, to give you a great understanding of what it's all about:

http://environment.about.com/b/a/256718.htm

Hey, alright, tfs has an appropriate green icon: :mrgreen:

I thought I was going to have to punctuate my message with this: :sick:

ha ha!

But wasnt he on the last May cover with Julia,Al Gore and Geroge aswell?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that were Julia, George, Al Gore and Robert F. Kennedy jr.

By the way, we can expect an Africa issue in july:

Bono is taking a page from Vanity Fair. Actually, make that several hundred pages.
The U2 frontman and activist has signed on to helm the magazine's Africa-themed July issue, which will hit newsstands in early June. making him the publication's first-ever guest editor.
"As guest editor, I want Africa to appear an adventure, not a burden, and put faces and personalities to the statistics we read elsewhere," the Dublin native said in a statement.
More at
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=19a35765-1a96-48f5-91e2-41761e0bc462

Leonardo did not really pose with Knut. He was photographed on Iceland, Knut in Berlin, but both by Annie Leibovitz.
Scan found at jjb.yuku.com
untitled19387d44gz0.jpg

cAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THIS KNUT BEAR IS ALL ABOUT?

Just a thought: Maybe Vanity Fair should use recycled paper for its next annual "green" issue?

It's pretty cool that they shot him in Iceland, and not just at a fake set. The "wintery"-ness obviously has to do with global warming and its effects on the glaciers...

Just a thought: Maybe Vanity Fair should use recycled paper for its next annual "green" issue?
Wow, that's actually a really good idea... :heart:

I like the photos of Leo. :heart: In the newspaper article, he looked really old... but in the real article--he looks really young.

^^^ I agree with you, meidude. I would hope that they would use recycled paper for their 'green issue'!

It's great that they shot Leo in Iceland as opposed to a fake set and I really like the cover; it's a different look for VF and Knut looks so cute! :wub:

I'm always a bit suspicious of the message behind celebrities (or politicians) flying at high carbon-cost to exotic locations to publicise the message of a low-carbon lifestyle. I know it's all in the interests of capturing the hearts and minds of the audience, and to do that you need a bit of eye candy, but at the same time, it doesn't really add up, if you look at it logically.

But given the topical inclusion of the polar bear cub (Knut is all over the news), this cover is evidently all about sentiment, and on that level, it works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the cover, I'm suprised to read they shot on location in Iceland, because to me it looks very fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->