Vanity Fair November 2014 : Jennifer Lawrence by Patrick Demarchelier

Kudos to Graydon Carter! This should in theory be quite an easy sell. Not only is the image simple yet arresting, but the coverline alone guarantees a solid turnover. I hope they probe her (no pun intended) about the Chris Martin scenario as well.

The composition looks unfinished, but I like it. Very surprised that Patrick shot this, it's got a nice sheen to it which accentuates the tropical backdrop.

Last edited by a moderator:
5432f1ddce0bae4a31c912b7_jlaw-mag-spread-text-pr.jpg

source: vanityfair.com

Her team is the best ever.

I know, right? Kristen Stewart should take notes! It's not social media, or publicists, or live interviews. Its a super exclusive in Vanity Fair. They've got game!

She's so unbelievably beautiful.

Of course she had to be topless in a pool, Vanity Fair i despise you sometimes, you are that obvious, and cheap!! And that is really not the best face shot of her i have ever seen, why not show her in control, confident, and powerful! None of it is conveyed in this cover!

I see Helmut Newton's famous portraits of Elizabeth Taylor as a definite inspiration for these shots. Kudos to Jennifer for speaking out about having her privacy violated and for getting the upper hand with a stellar cover and public relations coup - note to other celebrities this is how you handle a scandal. Though maybe scandal isn't even the right word for what happened given, either way she's awesome.

2n665ao.jpg

Image Credit | Amazon.com

It's a beautiful image. Thank god for Demarchelier! I think the photo along with the story, it's too literal and I just don't feel like she's in control. Though, I'm a fan of hers and I definitely not complaining. (She has the best team and she actually has a talent to go with it.)

So last month we got Robert Downey Jr, one the biggest male movie stars at the moment, looking cheeky and suave and handsome without being sexualized on the cover or in the editorial. This month we get Jennifer Lawrence, one of the biggest female movie stars of the moment....completely nude and open mouthed. Never change Vanity Fair.

Nearly every tribute or nod to Helmut Newton's style manages to completely miss what was going on in the original imagery. Nudity can be an aggressive display of power, but only in the right hands, it seems.

Well they did this photoshoot before the leaks occurred. It's just sad that instead of the focus of the interview being on her work, like it would have been, it's now on the leaks which weren't her fault at all.

I hate how Vanity Fair objectify her every time she's on the cover.

Nearly every tribute or nod to Helmut Newton's style manages to completely miss what was going on in the original imagery. Nudity can be an aggressive display of power, but only in the right hands, it seems.

I agree, well pointed out and said :flower:

I do like the way they styled her hair and makeup here, and the lack of retouching, this actually feels like the real Jennifer Lawrence as opposed to those phony Dior shoots where she is airbrushed into some delicate doll.

They shot that cover before the pictures scandal right?

i get the "my body, my control" and that being the excuse to be topless on the cover. but it IS a shame that it's always the women who are sexualized like this.

either way - i can't help but LOVE the cover. it's completely arresting. would literally stop me in my tracks in the magazine shop. and i'm intrigued as to what she says, as well. i'm surprised that quotes haven't already been popping up all over the web.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->