Vanity Fair September 2016 : Alicia Vikander by Mario Testino

LastNight

Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2016_08_02_at_13_13_23.png

Vanity Fair Instagram

Last edited by a moderator:
Not working for me, also can't understand her appeal. The blue and gold makes me feel she is at a beauty clinic or something like that and the background looks fake round her head, the transition is too sharp.

Alicia In Wonderland
Star: Alicia Vikander
Photographer: Mario Testino
Fashion Editor: Jessica Diehl

https://postimage.org/
VanityFair.com

Last edited by a moderator:
This might, possibly, be her best cover, yet the face expression is still not good enough! This girl is magic on the big screen, she has such a luminous beauty, but somehow it's always missing in print!

Also for a Style Issue i hoped they go with a model again, she is kinda random. And how silly that they don't include their best dressed list in Sept anymore, it the freaking Style issue!!!

She's not that random in terms of a cover choice, she has the latest Bourne film sitting atop the box office presently. It's one of her better shoots and I like the references in the editorial. The black dress shot of her back does however go beyond homage to a pure rip off. Ha.

Could've been better. I'm bothered by the blunt cut job around her face and hair. Also, that gradient fill on the letters looks cheap.

I feel so bad for Vanity Fair. The editorial actually looks better and many shoots would make a better cover. However, she has to be in LV. So, that's unfortunate.

Not overly mad about the actual shot, but she looks ok. There's something off with her forehead, and what's with the blurry/fading masthead and background? Makes the image look so digital.

September is the style icon issue, and with all due respect to Alicia, don't think her personal style is really all that groundbreaking.

That Vuitton bra is very ugly. She should have worn one of the printed dress of the collection.
It's almost funny that she has more allure in the most glamorous dresses than in all her recent Vuitton's looks.

The BTS shots are somehow more powerful than some shots of the main ed.

I love the close-up black and white blurred shot of her in the bodysuit!

She's a wonderful actress, but so bland and uninteresting.

I am having issues with the background. It looks too blurred that it ended up looking so fake. The layout is a mess. A big mess. I hate it when magazines put the names of the cover star bigger than their logo (case in point). The editorial is better than the cover

I think this is pretty bad, actually.

The pose looks awkward and incredibly stiff. Her hands look so "what-do-I-do-with-my-hands?" And the face she's serving is one of ... confusion? drowsiness? just about to sneeze? Not sure, but it ain't working.

The cover reads flat and stale. Another vote to have Testino take an extended break to rethink his photographic ambitions. That spark of glamour and excitement his images used to embody is gone and it's just an endless rehash. Mario has become a high society portrait artist. And an uninspired one at that.

Testino's work looks so cheap anymore. Used to shoot really good, timeless photos

She's talented, her career's on fire, she's beautiful, she had quite a strong past year in terms of red-carpet fashion choices, she just won an Oscar.... it's easy to see why magazines are putting her on the cover. I haven't really loved any of her recent films, but I am looking forward to "A Light Between Oceans", which is out later this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->