Vanity Fair September 2016 : Alicia Vikander by Mario Testino

Can they only do two types of covers for actresses: pin-up in their underwear or cold and icy!?!?!

The magazine has tried very hard to apply the Vanity Fair formula for glamour to Alicia, but it's lifeless. I usually adore this type of thing, but I have zero interest in seeing these images again.

Dull editorials don't diminish her appeal as an actress to me, but on the basis of these shots, I wouldn't bother buying this.

The cover is so bland & the editorial is boring, her pose ruins the whole story, some shots she looks like a zombie.

I still don't get her appeal, wish they'd used someone else....

I have loved her in every movie so far but she is literally asleep on the cover and throughout the editorial, it's so annoying.

Probably the first time I find a cover of her appealing, it´s all about her expression :smile:
And kudos to Testino, I think the editorial is striking... less photoshop next time please!
The layout is cheap as fu*k though.

My only complaint, is this part of the actual editorial? WTH is that face?! :lol:

VanityFair.com

The layout is cheap as fu*k though.

My only complaint, is this part of the actual editorial? WTH is that face?! :lol:

I thought the editorial looked completely random and disjointed and after seeing the behind the scenes shot, I think it all looks terrible.
And yeah, that face! Too funny.

she's one of the most boring, unexciting actresses in recent times + her overexposure has been going on for more than a year now, stop

She's very pretty and a good actress, but she's also pretty charisma-free. It allows her to disappear into characters, but it doesn't make her very interesting in print or in interviews.

she's one of the most boring, unexciting actresses in recent times + her overexposure has been going on for more than a year now, stop

Yes! Her face is easily spread across 4/5 covers in my collection, yet I've not been bothered to finish one profile! I lose interest after the first few lines. This issue will not be an exception. Enough with this girl!

Testino used to capture some truly beautiful, natural moments with his cover subjects. There was so much life and soft beauty in them but he's just lost all of that aspect now, it's all over polished and posed and lifeless for the most part. I find it a real shame.

Yes! Her face is easily spread across 4/5 covers in my collection, yet I've not been bothered to finish one profile! I lose interest after the first few lines. This issue will not be an exception. Enough with this girl!

You don't want to read about how she's a classically trained ballerina and it makes her a great actress for the 35235234234 time :lol: -- Diane Kruger's same story recycled for a new generation.

I think she has a certain presence on camera that is very elegant and captivating, but I agree in print she's PIPPA MIDDLETON in print (still laughing at the tFSer who pointed out that uncanny similarity).

^ :lol: that member deserves to be named! nailed it.. I love her and don't find her boring at all, she's one of the few actresses whose new projects I look forward to and keep searching for updates online.. but the way fashion keeps trying to make her something she's not just gives me anxiety whenever I see her.. some people are just not 'fashion' people, they should give it a rest.. but yeah I know it's all PR and exposure so it's a tough one..

she looks like she held that pose for over 10 seconds.. bit stiff and awkward, and don't get me started on that typical VF styling, they're all men-eater/1940s bombshells in their book.. sighs..

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks horrible on the cover, I don't understand how all this magazines always manage to make such a beautiful woman looking that bad...

Well.. I like it and I also like the majority of Mario Testino's cover story with Alicia. I have a hard time finding fault when Testino takes this kind of approach to his photoshoots with actresses. This is far more up my street than Alicia's recent British Vogue cover appearance.

ALICIA IN WONDERLAND
PHOTOGRAPHER: MARIO TESTINO
CELEB: ALICIA VIKANDER
STYLING: JESSICA DIEHL
HAIR: ANTHONY TURNER
MAKE UP: LAURA DOMINIQUE
NAILS: LORRAINE GRIFFIN

visualizing.fashion

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bad Sept Style Issue this is! Apart from Catroux profile, nothing interested me!

I always find their Style Issues to have such insipid content!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->