Vegan Style

Silk at least is insects, and I think we can be pretty sure they don't have the same feelings as a cow.

And there is a lot of horrible stuff about chickens, the ones that are born females go to lay eggs, and the male are killed.
So in one way, buying and eating eggs it's a way to support that kind of animal treatment.
But eggs are far more important for an vegetarian too eat than milk.

And then not to forget, how the animals are treated. Just because a hen is not killed, but they will, because the can't keep up with egg production for many years,
and the animals can live a life in torture, but just because they are not slaughtered, is that right?

The best thing to do is to buy everything organic.

Oh dear.. :lol: Let's just focus on making veg*nism look really fashionable and draw in more supporters! After all, I too need some inspiration.

'Slow and Steady Wins the Race' uses primarily canvas in their shoes, like these flats. Aesthetically I really like them, but not sold on what they say.

Picture%204.png

credit: www.coutorture.com

I've been searching around, and there is much more organic and ethic clothes than what I thought,

but most of it is very boring, it feels like there is still these ideas about how a vegetarian is, healthy and peaceful and just so healthy it's boring.
And that's no the case at all these days.

^ I know what you mean ... it's the kind of clothes I see people wearing when I go to Whole Foods & think, "Earth mother." All flowy & vegetable dyed, with some funky abstract or Southwestern design across the front :ninja: I want to do the right thing, but I have to draw the line before the point I start channeling Earth Mother ... :lol:

Wasn't Natalie Portman doing a line of vegan shoes ... did that get off the ground?

Yeah, I hear you all. I'm a non-animal wearing vegan and I'm NOT an earthy hippie girl! (Not that there's anything wrong with being one, of course.) Sometimes I go to veg restaurants or organic stores and wonder where my people are, as I'm teetering around in my high heels. :lol:

It is a challenge finding stylish things. On the upside, the lure of the status handbag or the to-die-for Louboutins is easy for me to resist. It does make me sad sometimes, though. I often fall madly in love with something PRAYING that it won't be leather to find that it is. And salespeople say "of course it is leather!" and I say "sorry, that's the wrong answer..." and then I have to explain the whole thing.

But there are things out there if you look. I have handbags and shoes from Vivienne Westwood, Kate Spade, Prada, Stella that are vegan. And I will not buy something with even the tiniest leather strap or sole. That's just me, btw. I find that all veg*ns are different. Some believe in the "grandfather clause" which is to not buy anything new but also not to waste things already owned. Others believe that by wearing leather (new, vintage or otherwise) or even faux fur one is still encouraging the use of animal products in fashion. I think these are decisions everyone has to make for themselves. It's pretty much impossible to be a perfect vegan - all I do is try to do the best I can.

And yes, Natalie Portman did a line of shoes for Te Casan, but they were pretty basic. I don't know if she ever did any more.

I have a couple of leather boots. I wear them once in a while and don't plan on purchasing any leather items.

The current green issue of Lucky has some vegan options, as well as some organic and recycled leather options ...

Your animals free closet (please read the first post before posting)

Note: everyone is invited to participate without forgetting the rules of respect about what we all want to wear and our personal choices (this ain't a place to discuss what is better if animal products or free animal products).

I think we all got cotton and synthetic fibres over here in our wardrobes...so we all can say this shop is good to find this or that...

My idea to create this topic is that sometimes I found really difficult find some type of clothes like shoes completely synthetic and here we could exchange how and where to find substitutes of the pieces we might like....or brands that make special collections...so we could exchange tips and ideas over here.

I hope people respect and understand this topic as a practical survival place to people who try to be animal rights supporters and everyone who wanna contribute with animal respect products.

None of us is perfect so everyone is invited:flower:

thank you in advance

My biggest problem sometimes is find shoes that doesn't contain any leather... I got some new boots completely synthetic but well i had not many choices exchanging for ones i found out they got leather... so I didn't feel OK keeping them...
Anyone knows specific brands who make boots leather free?

leather free new boots
newboots.jpg

leather boots I give back to the shop
rockingbooots.jpg

what is your fav animals free fabric?
Mine is cotton

oh!!! I didnt knew it was this topic open... sorry fro try to open another with the same subject...

thanks Julide for the link... i knew Stella was against fur but i wasn't sure her shoes went same way about leather... some people thinks is not the same but skin is skin to me...
Im gonna read this whole topic im sure ill find lots of good advice and i hope i can also contribute with the things i get myself that someone might be interesting on find 'em.

Thanks also to fashionista-ta for redirect me :blush:

i got like a huge list of things i want to purchase at petacatalog.com
inspiration.jpg

pc188large.jpg

ts262large500.jpg

ts248large500.jpg

the brand blowfish do alot of cute shoes that are synthetic they are really comfy too. but beware the sizes do run small so most would want to size up in them.

http://www.blowfishshoe.com/ check out their website, i know in the uk they are sold in Office and Kurt Geiger not sure about other countries though.

I'm ovo-vegetarian but going vegan soon :D
I own leather stuff, but I won't throw it out i'll just not buy new leather things.. I think vintage leather can be okay but i'll rather buy faux-leather or non-leather. I did gave my feather duvet away and bought a non-feather duvet just because I found it disgusting at the en to sleep with dead animal parts.
We must remember that people are vegan by different courses. I'm for the ethic, for my health and for the environment.

^yeah sure... it happens to me that i dont know what to do with some old stuff i dont like to wear it...specially wool... But i never got fur stuff... but leather is the same someones's skin for me... so Id rather "fake it" like some campaign said...with fur not even that! (I'll do it for animal rights).

^By the way, me too I want to switch vegan too.
There's also many stuff for vegans and vegetarians on regular shops... im always so picky reading the composition but there's plenty of cotton and other not animal products made of .. Anyway still shoes or certain things that its harder find 'em at regular shops.

^I would never wear fur, it's also difficult to know what signals you send out wearing faux-fur (if it looks like real fur), vintage leather (other ppl cant see if its vintage) and so on, I just don't want it to look OK to wear and use animal. The only leather thing i wear is my leather jacket and then i got my faux-leather bags and ballarinas..

But i get you on the shoe part - I usually wear ballarinas but in the winter that gets kinda cold lol and good shoes are oftes made in leather. Oh i forgot - i got some Dr. Martens.. which I love. :/
I think the most important thing is to do it as good as you can - then you did your best :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->