Velvet bags for Fall

fashionista-ta

Reaction score
I thought a velvet bag for Fall might be nice ... I've seen velvet bags by Hogan and Lanvin in magazines, but they weren't quite it ... checked the look books at Kate Spade and Coach (since I was walking right by) and apparently they aren't doing anything. Anyone seen any other velvet bags??

TIA

I think velvet will be used more as a trim on bags.. piping, ribbon, etc.

I haven't seen any velevet bags though.. only that one Fendi Spy.

Yeah, velvet isn't something you see much as far as handbags go. Sounds like a nice option for fall though.

Chanel has a black velvet quilted camelia clutch this fall.

Photo_061405_013.jpg

Jana Feifer has a pretty velvet hobo, but I don't think I'd ever buy it... I'm not sure it would look that great actually carried, and velvet is pretty easy to destroy (by pressing, getting wet, getting dirty, etc.). You can see a picture here, it seems better to look at than use IMO.

I also saw a really gorgeous green velvet BCBG clutch at Bloomingdale's on sale a few weeks ago, but the velvet was beginning to look worn already.

I dunno.. unless done very well... Velvet can come off looking VERY cheap.

When designing for holiday stuff at my last internship, they started out using velvet.. but when the samples came back from HK, they dropped it because it looked terrible.

Plus.. I dont really like the feel of velvet... and i'm s ure I wouldn't like the way it would feel against my body/clothes that i'm wearing... dunno... probably collects a lot of lint too

I don't even find that chanel one very appealing :(

Paris is already full of velvet and cordroy(sp.. possitive) winter bags , teal and burgundy and plum :wink:

personally i'll keep away, i think those will be everywhere ..too predictably popular and obvious

Last edited by a moderator:
I only like those fendis. Thanks for posting those, morgan. I was too lazy to find pics :wink:

Ohh...I saw a really pretty sapphire blue velvet bag somewhere online recently...I forget who it was by...aw man...I need to remember now!

Luna said:
I dunno.. unless done very well... Velvet can come off looking VERY cheap.
I don't think that's particularly true more for velvet than any other fabric...a cheap cotton velvet blazer is going to look just as cheap compared to a well-made, detailed silk velvet blazer as a polyester chiffon dress would to a well-made silk chiffon dress...or a cheap pair of cotton trousers would to a well-tailored pair of cotton trousers...you get the point.

I don't know, I'm just a huge fan of velvet. ^_^

To each his own. ^^

I'm just not a velvet fan.

I like that Martine Sitbon velvet heart hobo bag... I just can't seem to find a picture of it.

There's a thread on it in the handbags section, Buggy :heart:

Rock on, I like that bag. Too bad MB doesn't make the dark olive color, I dig it. :smile:

shopsmuch said:
I don't think that's particularly true more for velvet than any other fabric...a cheap cotton velvet blazer is going to look just as cheap compared to a well-made, detailed silk velvet blazer as a polyester chiffon dress would to a well-made silk chiffon dress...or a cheap pair of cotton trousers would to a well-tailored pair of cotton trousers...you get the point.

I don't know, I'm just a huge fan of velvet. ^_^

I agree. I believe the Hogan bag is silk velvet, and I'm not sure it's possible to make silk velvet look cheap.

Thanks for all the input guys :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->