Velvet December 2006 : Bianca Balti

Nelly Cat

Reaction score
Premiere issue of La Repubblica's new monthly stand-alone glossy supplement Velvet.

Velvet will cover the latest trends in fashion, beauty, design, lifestyle, in the context of an extraordinarily refined graphic layout signed by Creative Director Joel Berg. Editor-in-Chief is Michela Gattermayer.

Velvet offers an innovative outlook and a unisex approach that transcends that of traditional women's magazines. It says no to gosssip, and no to fixed headlines. With two exceptions. Each issue will feature a designer portrait - first out is the story of Coco Chanel - as well as fashion commentary by a prominent journalist.

The launch issue of 580(!) pages also includes an exclusive feature with 26 designers' interpretations of velvet, interviews with Gore Vidal and Emmanuelle Seigner..

On optional sale with La Repubblica, each issue will be available at newsstands for one month.

[info and pic from repubblica.it]

LucyInTheSky said:
Ooooh... Bianca! SO pretty.

yes bianca is pretty, verry pretty, but this cover is to ungly ! looks like a reprint ! If this is the first issue they have to learn allot !! I will go there to help then you are sure you will get a great magazine :D:D

I don't like Bianca and I don't like the cover, but I'm actually pretty curious what this will be like... Did anyone get it yet?

Some pics from the "velvet special" ed..

2m3hj4o.jpg

3y85tnb.jpg

2lvzes6.jpg

2rpcndx.jpg

4cdd46e.jpg

repubblica.it

There are a few more pics here.

Velvet #1

the first issue of this new montly italian fashion mag is out on the newstands. same format of 10 and huge like an italian Elle

i just took pics in low quality (due to the lack of space on my memory card) from the 2 main eds. there are also portraits of several models: michelle b, polina kouklina, adina f, cintia d, etcetc

bianca on the cover + interview inside with pics from her family photo album

fabiana semprebom

lisa cant

Thanks for the pics. :flower:

I'm curious to hear your opinion on this first issue, fabri... did you find it any good?

I'm soo going to buy this mag when I go to Milan :smile:

and what about D the magazine of la reppublica???

Nelly Cat said:
Thanks for the pics. :flower:

I'm curious to hear your opinion on this first issue, fabri... did you find it any good?

578 pages, 1 euro only, very good quality paper, no reprints. Velvet is GREAT:woot:

€1 must be a special price for the launch issue, right? That's nothing! :o :unsure:

It doesn't look super interesting, and I don't like the layout... but for that price, great!

I posted an ed with the lovely Gertrud here.

1 must be a special price for the launch issue__ dont think so cause usually La Repubblica's supplements are very cheap. the weekly D costs 30 cent. so 1 euro (or around 1 euro, in the future) im pretty sure it's pratically the definitive price

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw an ad for the January issue (Lily Cole on the cover) and it said Euro 1.90. But that's still really cheap. I wish I could get it here.

maybe the feb's issue will cost 3.80
then march's issue 7.60
then in april 15.20 euro
velvet may 30.40 euro
and the june's issue 60euro and 80 cent
:]

How often does this magazine come out? I believe that Daria was featured on a different cover?

What a boring cover to put on first issue. It looks like a random pic from a beauty edit. The should have put Lily´s cover on the first instead, that looks better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
156sprinter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->