Vogue Paris December 2005/January 2006 : Kate Moss by Craig McDean

Mercedes

Reaction score
from fashionweekdaily.com
French Vogue Meets China
October issue takes you to Shanghai

Saturday, September 10, 2005

(NEW YORK) After a stellar issue edited by Sofia Coppola, The Daily has learned that Kate Moss will be the focus of this December’s issue of French Vogue, which traditionally enlists the creative touch of a famous fashion icon. “Kate is very special and magical,” said a Chanel-clad editor in chief Carine Roitfeld at the Tommy Hilfiger 20th anniversary show Friday night. “With Kate you never know what will happen. It’s a bit too early to talk about details, though; I’m very superstitious.”

While you’ll have to wait until late November to catch Ms. Moss in all her glory, in a bit of role reversal, the October issue of French Vogue embraces an Asian theme and will feature Gemma Ward alongside an Asian model. Roitfeld was a contributing editor to the launch issue of Vogue China, where she styled the cover which was photographed by Patrick Demarchelier. For authenticity, the accompanying fashion story was captured in Shanghai.
JIM SHI

What do the guest editors do? I mean, look through the articles for mistakes or what?

i missed sofia coppola's issue; and you'd better believe i'm not missing this one, because even if i love sofia...she's nothing compared to kate.

oooh i'm EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot:

Kate Moss Guest-Editor

from jossip.com (okay, not the most creditable source, but this is a sure thing. i was just too lazy to browse about for more upright websites coverage of this).

so...from www.jossip.com.....
Oh sweet Wintour, this should be good. Somehow French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld has agreed to let perennial bathroom visitor Kate Moss edit her magazine for the December/January issue.

It's part of a promotional effort that will include a CD of Moss singing "La Belle et La Bete" with her equally powder-friendly sweety, Pete Doherty.

Now we know what you're thinking: "That Kate Moss? Isn't she, like, high out of her mind all day everyday?" Well, in a word, yes. But a quick look at Roitfeld herself (snapped here at the Diesel show) and you get the idea that pretty much anybody, no matter how encrusted their nose is, can edit that magazine.

by the way...this little tidbit's headline made me laugh my *** off this evening:D ... here's the link...
i'm not going to say what it's even about, because there was a topic on this subj. which was recently locked...i'm only posting this link because the headline and writing style is very funny (to me at least)

so...kate moss edits french vogue! EXCITING!

kate is styling the entire dec issue...
they are in ny now shooting it...

i did read about this somewhere.... interesting. Look forward to seeing the results.

PrinceOfCats said:
She speaks French then?

I read in a quote she speaks a little french.

I am in Boston, does anyone know where I will be able to get the mag? Barnes&Noble maybe?

softgrey said:
kate is styling the entire dec issue...they are in ny now shooting it...

Can someone please tell me why they are shooting in NY and not Paris? It's cool to do different locations but I read on Fashist.com that they have been shooting over there a lot and people don't like it. Anyone know why. What's wrong with Paris.

well that is if she doesn't gt dropped like she has been from every other job since those pics of her snorting her life away surfaced.

I doubt that they will drop her, cause the whole fashion world is doing exactly same thing, so that would be very hypocrit from them. And I've read that they have already been doing that issue, so that would mean that they would have to do everything again.

Vogue Paris Dec 05/Jan 06: cover & reviews

has anyone got the cover yet?:woot:

source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Kate-Moss-To-Be-The-Guest-Editor-For-French-Vogue-8491.shtml

Kate Moss To Be The Guest Editor For French Vogue

Supermodel Kate Moss has been signed up as guest editor for the famous fashion magazine.
By: Entertainment News Staff

The 31-year-old supermodel has signed up to edit the December/January issue of the French Vogue.

Kate Moss is also said to appear in the glossy style bible together with her controversial lover Pete Doherty.

The famous couple har recently recorded a duet titled
Beauty and The Beast, which will be released as a free CD with the Vogue issue.

"They recorded La Belle Et La Bete last week and it's all systems go to be given away with the magazine issue she's going to edit", said a friend of the famous couple.

Apparently,
"The fashion world has been waiting for Kate and Pete to do something together. Finally she agreed to do a deal with Vogue", the source added.

"Kate is obviously already an established fashion icon. But her profile has risen massively since she started going out with Pete this year. Pete is worshipped by certain clothes designers who think he is one of the coolest men on the planet."

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't wait to see the cover, and the whole issue, of course!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->