Versace F/W 07.08 : Kate Moss and Catherine McNeil by Mario Testino

city girl

Reaction score
Kate's ad scanned by PollyM from Italian Vanity Fair

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh look at that versatility, she can be platinum blonde too.

She is so way beyond her prime, and I wish designers and photographers would just get that already.

I kind of like it. But I just so sick of seeing Kate in this campaign for the thirth time in a row.

I love the styling but it's the pose and stance of Kate that isn't really doing it for me...

looks okay, but I haven't made up my mind about the hair.

The clothes look immense and the colour is just bliss yet despite the shoot being styled well Kate just ruins the entire thing...I'm so so so tired, just utterly weary of seeing her face.

She makes it seem so contrived and...eurgh

Fingers crossed for Catherine's.

The hair looks really bad! :doh: That's probably a wig anyway :ermm: and the whole styling reminds me of some 80s ad :unsure:

I've waited ages to see this campaign, and this is what I get. It's rubbish! It looks like an art school end-of-year project where someone has created some very lovely but unexciting clothing, got their skinny friend to pose in the outfits, and then superimposed Kate's face onto the final images, to make it look a bit "high fashion" like "something you'd see in a magazine".

Versace has so much at its disposal, and it gives us 'Kate in a MaxMara coat'. In themselves, the images are OK, but this is Versace, where's the wow, both in terms of the fashion shown and the model wearing it?

Not that bad. Catherine McNeil's raven hair should make stark contrast to this ultra-luxe platinum-do Kate is adorning, and lets face it, she embodies Donatella's irreverent Versace woman entirely. We're lucky to have Catherine also at the helm. Bad styling, however.

I've waited ages to see this campaign, and this is what I get. It's rubbish! It looks like an art school end-of-year project where someone has created some very lovely but unexciting clothing, got their skinny friend to pose in the outfits, and then superimposed Kate's face onto the final images, to make it look a bit "high fashion" like "something you'd see in a magazine".

Versace has so much at its disposal, and it gives us 'Kate in a MaxMara coat'. In themselves, the images are OK, but this is Versace, where's the wow, both in terms of the fashion shown and the model wearing it?

Spot on

i can only hope that McNeil's is/are better than this, wayyy better.

How mistaken was I when I originally thought that these advertisements couldn't be worse than the SS07 ones?

Why even bother having a campaign if you're not going to put a little creativity and thought into it? Most editorials are better-styled than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->