Versace F/W 2015.16 Milan

gazebo

Reaction score
First look

Versace-RTW-FW15-Milan-6280-1425064921-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

What's with the shoes this season? Is there a 'design the ugliest shoe' contest I don't know about?

It's so weak. Some pieces were good (I mean tailored pieces, and I'm not talking about that black suit with embroidered letters, it was atrocious)but styling ruined everything, those p*rn boots on low heel are even worse than Gucci shoes. They're incredibly dated, Dior did something like that in 00s. Donatella shouldn't even think about branding, because it doesn't work here at all. Everything with VERSACE on it looked bad and tacky. BUT at the same time it's better than s/s 15, maybe because I don't see any LV rip-offs here.

I find myself liking a lot of pieces... specially the jumpers and tights, also the bright colors. It´s very subdue for Versace imo.
The colorful prints remind me of the 90s. And the VERSACE placed on the clothes, quintessential Versace tackyness, owning it like Gianni did :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
The platform shoes in the shoe were TDF, I want a pair.
The pointy boots though need to be burned.

Overall it was a tacky 1992 Gianni Versace show. It was VERY early 90s in feel.I liked it actually lol

Take away the latex boots and the pieces with "Versace" written and there's some solid looks there. I usually don't like much of Versace but I like a lot of this collection, ironically.

i can't stand that lettering and all of the prints..CHEAP

love the boots though

I think it's her best collection is seasons. There are no WTF hideous looks at all. But still I wish she will be more free and less occupied with what is right and what is ok.

A collection which looks like it has been made with an automatic fashion design software. Just set the mode to "Versace", add bold colours, logos, rhinestones and some daring cuts and asymmetries...and voilá! Another Versace on autopilot collection!!

First and foremost, what on earth are those "VERSACE" embellishments and chokers? I mean, why? Do you really have to be that desperate to make your brand known that you resorted to bombarding the clothes with your name? Versace's already established, no need for that honey!

There were some strong looks but were weakened by those horrendous belts. I mean come on, serving some national geographic logo realness! Those were hideous. The leather boots should be burned and removed from the archives of the house. Although the suede boots were fantastic for me especially with the rich colors. And those printed leggings... come on workout clothes. Another issue that I have is that of the tailoring. It seems like some of the clothes were not tailored well and seemed to be creasing (or was it the belt's fault). Unless it's the real idea of the collection, it looks awkward and unattractive. If I'm wrong, someone kindly please clarify. Although Karlie, Natasha and Lexi's looks stunned me. And, Versace knows how to do RED!

This looks really dated and quite ironic since in the recent video of Donatella, she said that one of her worries were how to make Versace relevant and how to bring it to the 21st century.. So I guess her answer was to make a collection that's reminiscent to the 90s. This doesn't have that oomph a Versace collection and show has. I was really looking forward to it because in the preview, they should a killer look that made me excited, but I was thoroughly disappointed.

What a rather forgettable collection. But then again, there's still Gucci.

Hate the belts, hate the pinstripes, hate the flared pants, hate the LEGO-esque color story. Normally I love Versace and I hate this.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FatalefashionIII

who is the model at 4:30 in de show vid? And the one in 7:06.

You know what? This is great. It feels very true to the spirit of Gianni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->