Versace F/W 2018.19 by Steven Meisel

The models based on @versace tags are: Kaia Gerber, Lea Julian, Shanelle Nyasiase, Rachel Marx, Ansley Gulielmi, Oscar Kindelan, Gigi Hadid, Kris Grikaite, David Alexander Flinn, Adela Stenberg, Imaan Hammam, Salomon Diaz, Remington Williams, Sara Grace Wallerstedt, Sohyun Jung, Natalie Ogg, Eduarda Breitas, Emily Gafford, Dylan Fender, Blesnya Minher, Fei Fei Sun, Nora Attal, Fran Summers, Finnlay Davis, Adut Akech, Lexi Boling, Imari Karanja, Vittoria Ceretti, Malick Bodian, Grace Elizabeth, David Trulik, Naomi Chin Wing, Paul Hameline, Hannah Motler, Gisele Fox, Yasmin Wijnaldum, Skylar Penn, Rianne Van Rompaey, Lily Nova, Xu Meen, Heejung Park, Natalie Westling, Hiandra Martinez, Ali Latif, Aube Jolicoeur, Josh Upshaw, Cara Taylor, Aaron Shandel, Joao Knorr, Bella Hadid and Stella Maxwell.

I still do missing the male model beside Sara Grace and two girls in Cara Taylor image. Anyone can ID them?

One is Adela Stenberg in this picture.
And the other model tagged as Adela is Julia Nobis I think

I'm only here for Gigi Hadid, Kris Grikaite, Imaan Hammam, Blesnya Minher, Fei Fei Sun, Nora Attal, Adut Akech, Imari Karanja, Vittoria Ceretti, Grace Elizabeth, Naomi Chin Wing & Rianne Van Rompaey:judge:. The rest could go home-_-...

Should have been just Rianne, the rest of the cast doesn't hold a candle to her...

This does feels/looks lazy and uninspiring, as far as the ''theme'' goes. There's no really creativity nor effort.
But still, I'm digging it. I get what they were going for and I like it.

Love the cast. So diverse! And yas @ Yasmin, Rianne, Bella and Imaan FINALLY getting the Versace ad!

Also, so happy to see Eduarda, Kris, Sara, Adela, Shanelle, Adut, Ansley, Salomon, Sohyun, Imari, Blesnya, Nora, Gisele, Naomi, Hannah, Hiandra and João!! (But Remington, Lily, Aube, Rachel, Julia, Lea, Natalie... So many miscasts. Can Meisel like not?)

Gisele and Nora stole the scene!

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh.

Binx and Raquel would have killed all these girls. This is so cheap that I can't even believe it.

Happy to see Fei Fei, Nora, Gisele, Adut, Heejung and Imari!

I expected something spectacular after seeing the title, but this is like seeing a bunch of kids from a Versace college.

I find some echoes with the Versace 92 campaign by Irving Penn.
I find the 54 people thing ridiculous and funny but i like how each individual model is really doing something interesting.
I would love to see it in a foldout or on a billboard.

Not the greatest campaign but it's fine.

Too sad they wasted a big opportunity to make something iconic into this! It's too plain. I wish the cast was narrower or to make it more remarkable, it would have been cool if it were only one girl (cough, Imaan, cough) shot in different poses and dresses all next to the one! Like this, it looks like a catalog, the background is so sad and the shoot feels lifeless. Long are the days of advertisements with supers and energy like this one..

(source celebsvenue)

I LIVE for ads like this one from back in the day... long gone are the days where supermodels were actually lol REAL supermodels and photographers and editors truly care to make something great. Now it´s always the same with the same girls, the same brands and so on. Boring Fashion Era after 2013...

Too sad they wasted a big opportunity to make something iconic into this!

None of this models have the skills to work the camera as the models from Fall 2004 campaign. This would have worked good just with Fei Fei, Imaan, Vittoria, Lexi, maybe Fran and Kris Grikaite. The rest looked like a picture from high school. What a waste of Meisel two seasons in a row.

None of this models have the skills to work the camera as the models from Fall 2004 campaign. This would have worked good just with Fei Fei, Imaan, Vittoria, Lexi, maybe Fran and Kris Grikaite. The rest looked like a picture from high school. What a waste of Meisel two seasons in a row.

I would add Yasmin , Adut & Raquel who are really Versace women and some glamour , fierceness and it could have been an epic campaign

What a waste I was expecting so much more ,
Lets see want will be out soon I suppose some more individuals shots will be release

I actually love it! The diversity and colours popping against the white is very 90s Benetton which I love. Only that it would have worked better with more uniform expressions for every group. Hope the whole thing will appear in the september issue as one giant foldout

^^^ Tragic that such a (once) venerable label is reduced to referencing the united colors of Benetton these days.

Dumbed down for the kidz. The United Colors of Versace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->